The Production Chemistry Specialist/Driver
will provide expertise to support long-term field supply of production chemicals products and provision of associated services to customers in the oil and gas industry. The job will require diverse field operations and treatments, including implementing, monitoring and service Production Chemical products, processes, equipment, and solutions to meet project and client expectations. The objective of the position is train individuals seeking to advance into Technical roles such as Technical Services Engineer or Field Engineer. Additional Responsibilities
Qualifications & Experience:
- Perform Service
- Prepare Field Deliverables
- Remove and Secure Resources
- Deploy and Position Resources
- Prepare Resources
- Verify Resources
- Capture Field Data
- Obtain Customer Acceptance of Delivery
- Evaluate and Reconcile Resources
- Implement Risk Response
- Prepare Final Job Deliverables
- Deliver and Archive Final Job Deliverables
- Prepare Job Invoice Supporting Documentation
- Verify and Prepare Resources at Product Line Location
- Able to manage a given number of wells, locations, or fields.
- Advanced understanding the "well" and associated production equipment (e.g. wellhead, downhole equipment, topside equipment).
- Advanced understanding of chemical pump set up and maintenance and repair.
- Able to remove and install equipment under pressure.
- Ability to check and set chemical rates based on recommended injection rates.
- Ability to safely collect samples as part of monitoring program, conduct basic field testing and routing sampling (e.g., water analysis and preservation of samples) and preservation of samples.
- Able to conduct field level product testing and selection (e.g., Demulsifier bottle testing, Water Clarifier testing, product compatibility).
- Ability to conduct basic trouble shooting activities and provide solutions to the client.
- Demonstrate the proficient use of and able to explain basic monitoring tools (e.g., centrifuge, tank thief, Dissolved O2 kit, Dissolved H2S Kit, Gas-Tech and sampling tubes, Millipore Filter Apparatus).
- Responsible to monitor, track, and maintain adequate field chemical inventories, equipment as necessary and report to manager and customer.
- Provide analytics and delivery of all reports required by customer contracts and internal reporting responsibilities, such as service reports. Maintain inventories and report same to manager and customer.
- Works with Client Field personnel and Account Manage/Sales representatives to gather information needed for solutions to field problems involving chemical injection.
- Identify new sales opportunities and upselling for the geographic area.
- Build a close working relationship with the key customer users/buyers to ensure they are fully aware of all the benefits of deploying equipment, products and services.
- Become the customer interface for user/site related requirements during field operations. Also promote latest technologies.
- Ensure all personal safety certifications are active and up to date.
- Ensure all personal monthly safety reporting objectives are met or exceeded.
- Preform and document all dot vehicle inspections.
- Maintain vehicles and document repairs as per regulations.
- Know and understand dot regulations governing the transportation of non-hazardous and hazardous materials
- Load and unload ibc's, drums, pails, and other cargo from truck bed using a forklift.
- Lift empty drums and other lightweight items onto the truck bed
- Understand documentation required for transport of hazardous chemicals (bol & msds)
- Know and understand emergency spill response techniques.
- Perform job safety analyses when conducting an operation with potential for accidents or injury
- Responsible for adherence to any additional "driver" quality management system procedure requirements.
- Able to undertake special projects with variable supervision.
- HS Graduate or GED, Driving School
- 3 - 5 years of Driving experience (2 yrs. Hazmat) preferred, MUST have a CDL Class A w/ X endorsement (Hazmat & Tanker)
- Alaska resident perferred
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.