Skills: Cost Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking an experienced Cost Engineer to join our Project Management team (PMT). Saudi Aramco Project Management Teams are directly responsible and accountable for the delivery of best in class capital projects assigned to department. PMT is directly involved in executing and managing assigned projects safely, on schedule, within budget and to the highest standards of integrity and compliance. This will involve engineering design, procurement and construction of various sizes, types and complexity of small, medium to multi-billion dollar mega size projects. Some of these mega projects include the Marjan Increment Program, the Crude Oil to Chemicals program, the Gas Compression Program, the Berri & Zuluf Increment and AMIRAL Program.
Project Management Departments manages and executes projects usually from multiple site offices or engineering contractor design offices, geographically scattered throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Cost analysis, cost controls and reporting activities for Capital and non-Capital projects.
- Provide input and recommendations for cost engineering requirements relative to staffing, project controls, and preparing and analyzing comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between the project forecasts and the budgets.
- Organize, monitor and control project costs and will define project needs for cost control in accordance with contractual requirements, objectives, and Company procedures.
- Ensure that all project commitments are accurately reported and will maintain updated final project forecasts and expenditure forecasts.
- Proactively advise management when forecasted costs exceed the approved budget.
- Use statistical tools to analyze costs metrics and perform risk analysis.
- Analyze contractors' cost reports and extract required data for management reporting.
- Prepare and report cost engineering information on a monthly basis and additional ad-hoc reports as required by Management.
- Provides all cost engineering expertise and coordinates activities as group/unit leader as required in preparation of cost portion of the engineering, procurement and construction contracts.
- Collects, monitors, analyzes and reports all cost information through the Project Manager.
- Review and analyze all claims and Change Orders on project contracts.
- Participate in the negotiation of project contracts as required.
- Initiates appropriate action when total forecast indicates allocated funds will be exceeded.
As the successful candidate, you will hold a bachelor's degree in Engineering from a recognized university;
You will have a minimum of fifteen years cost engineering experience in oil and gas, petrochemical, refinery projects or facilities, with at least ten years in managing project budgets, cost tracking, forecasting; and financial reporting with a Broad, multi-discipline knowledge and experience of cost engineering for Oil and Gas projects.
A certification from Professional Organization is highly recommended.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.