Maintenance Planner /Scheduler
Contract: Initially 6 months
- Job Overview: Plan and Schedule multi-disciplinary field execution of contract trades employed in the repair, adjustment, modification, removal and/or installation of plant equipment across Distribution.
- Key Accountabilities: Reporting to the Mtce Lead this position will Plan and Schedule multi-disciplinary field execution of contract trades employed in the repair, adjustment, modification, removal and/or installation of plant equipment and facilities while promoting safety and continuous improvement. You will use your experience and knowledge to:
- Develop and sustain an effectively planned maintenance schedule
- Prepare job plans and maximize resource productivity with the planned cost ready for scheduling, detailing parts, materials, special tools, external services, and documentation
- Manage an effective short- and long-range maintenance plan, modify the plan for variations due to availability of resources, actual work completed or additional work requirements
- Maintain, improve and optimize job plans, task lists, strategies and procedures utilizing continuous improvement initiatives and techniques
- Continuously monitor and maintain work requirements and requests (notifications) including maintenance and operations being run in conjunction with outages to maximize resources and potentially minimize downtime. (increase availability)
- Assist in the development of maintenance programs and provide input and suggestions to improve effectiveness, processes, and procedures
- Ensure compliance to all relevant policies and standards - including the Management of Change (MOC) process and maintenance business processes (M&R Standard)
- Adhere to all health, safety and environment standards, and ensure effective actions and programs are in place to sustain safety and reliability performance goals
- Develop regular cadence for scheduling review meetings with CFTs
- Collaborate with the CFT Mtce Coord and Terminal Supervisor in building out the schedule
- Regular Travel to Terminals across Canada to support job planning and scheduling (Primary Terminals located in Rimouski, Montreal, Ottawa, GTA area, Oakville, London, Thunder Bay, Saskatoon, Milden, Edmonton, Kamloops, Nanaimo, and Terrace). There are also third-party Terminals that may need to be supported at times.
Required Qualifications: Three or more years of Maintenance planning and scheduling experience preferably in Oil and Gas
- Exceptional working knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office
- A valid mechanical discipline Journeyperson Certificate or an Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyperson Certificate or equivalent experience
- Possess a valid drivers licence and a clean driving record
- Strong collaboration skills that enable you to build strong, positive relationships within Distribution.
- Oil and Gas experience
- Experience and Education: Preference for Oil and Gas experience
- Require SAP experience in planning and scheduling capacity
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.