We are working with a global food packaging company who are looking for someone to join their Corporate affairs team as Head of Public affairs and Government Relations, EU Members States. You will be responsible for driving and implementing their public affairs and government relations strategy, to secure a policy environment that supports their business objectives and helps identify any market opportunities through stakeholder engagement.
You will report to the Director for public affairs and government relations and work closely with colleagues who are involved in business, legal, sustainability and communication at markets level. Responsibilities of the role will include:
Requirements for the role:
- Be proactive in monitoring national policy and regulatory developments, trends and any other political or public issues with potential business impacts and action any potential risks that could emerge.
- Implement public affairs and government relations strategy and annual work plans for EU member states priority countries to shape the policy environment.
- Provide solutions in areas critical for securing business continuity and growth, such as food systems, environmental sustainability, circular economy and food and consumer health policies.
- Ensure measurable deliverables and metrics are aligned within the corporate affairs function and the country leadership
- Responsible for building strong relationships with key policy stakeholders as well as coalitions with competitors, NGOs and other influencers.
- Be involved with corporate public affair meetings.
- Provide adequate support to external firms and consultancies.
- Proactively monitor national policy and regulatory developments and action any potential business impacts.
- Degree required in public policy, international affairs, political science, law or similar.
- 8+ years within a similar role with experience in professional/public affairs within the EU or in a multinational organisation or consultancy.
- Experience in working in a matrix organisation both as part of a team and as an individual.
- Has previously worked within highly regulated industries.
- Highly skilled at identifying and actioning any issues that could impact the business.
- Strong leadership and communication skills to build relationships both internally and externally.
- Exceptional knowledge of the English language and strong writing skills is required. Swedish and/or German will be a distinct advantage.
If the above role sounds of interest to you and you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch or click on the link below to apply.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!