Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 75 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 17,000 team members and 380 operating locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
To provide installation, repairs and routine servicing of TRS related equipment
in the shop and in the field.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Perform services for tubular operations including, but not limited to, torque turn and StabMaster operations
- Have a keen understanding of tubular running services in both completion and casing operations.
- Able to work effectively on drilling rigs
- Perform maintenance & repairs on company owned equipment in the field as needed.
- Accurate & thorough completion of job reports on a timely basis.
- Assist in the shop and make deliveries when available
- Available on a 24 hours call basis to respond to customer needs.
- Positive attitude
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- 3+ years related TRS field experience preferred
- High School diploma (or Secondary School Diploma or equivalent) as minimum. Preferred 2 years College degree
- General product knowledge
- Mechanical ability necessary to perform repairs
- Valid Driver license
- Basic Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel computer skills
- Self-motivator, self-starter
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Able to work closely with fellow employees
- Must have the ability to work off shore
- Must have the ability to take call 24/7