Lead Mechanical EngineerDo you enjoy working with mechanical equipment?Do you like working in collaborative teams and solving technical problems?Join our Digital Solutions team
As a Digital Solutions business, we provide intelligent, connected hardware technologies to sense, control, and inspect assets across many industries. Customers are provided with peace of mind needed to reliably and efficiently improve operations. Our team has a collaborative sales mind-set, a technical understanding of our products, providing highly customizable solutions.Partner with the best
As a Lead Mechanical Engineer, you will take the technical lead on projects, and guide our early career engineers. You will present to senior leaders and to cross functional teams on how technologies interconnect and contribute to overall strategy.Essential Responsibilities
In the role of Lead Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Working with the Mechanical Engineering Team to develop products for all product lines. The team's primary goal is to develop detailed mechanical component and system designs to meet new product specifications.
- Developing detailed mechanical component and system designs to meet new product specifications
- Ensuring mechanical component and system designs have appropriate analytical capability, empirical design/ / testing, and production level verification.
- Ensuring that proper DFSS and DFM rigor has been applied throughout the design process DFSS and DFM.
- Coordinating multiple project tasks with the product Engineering Team Lead.
- Working directly with the respective Product Line Leader, Quality and Manufacturing Teams to ensure products meet internal requirements, start to finish, and provide for continued growth of the product line
Fuel your passion
- Foster creative environment allowing for new ideas while embracing speed and excellence.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering. or equivalent
- Have five years' work experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Have three years' work experience in Modeling and Simulation
- Have experience with a CAD package (SolidWorks preferred)
- Have experience with Finite Element Modeling and Analysis of static, dynamic, pressure, seismic, direct mechanical loads and thermal changes (Ansys preferred)
- Have experience with Matlab/Simulink/SimScape simulation toolsets
- Have the desire to develop advanced engineering approaches to model and predict current and future products
- Have the desire to advance team capabilities using new methods, materials, technologies, and software tools
- Hands Have hands-on failure analysis and root cause analysis.
- Have a Master's degree
- Have familiarity with SAP or similar ERP system
- Results Be results-oriented self-starter with a track record of delivering results
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills at all organizational levels
- Have a PE License
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.