The Laboratory Chemist performs all laboratory activities related to the testing of scale inhibitors across all application types, from reservoir to topside. The position will report to the Global PT Chemist, located in Houston, within the HQ reporting line of Production Systems, Midstream Production Systems, Production Chemistry. Interacts with NPD Team, Global Sales and Commercial Team, Technical Services Personnel, Operational Personnel, Supply Chain Personnel and QHSE Personnel, Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Laboratory testing of oilfield scale inhibitors using industry standard test methods
- Recommendations on correct test methodology and product solutions for projects
- Assists with authoring of oilfield production chemical tenders
- Resource management
- Stock control
- Equipment use
- Rolling maintenance
- Mentor & Community Leadership: Contributes to Schlumberger Technical Community (Eureka) and supports the technical community.
- Professional Visibility: Establishes visibility in with customers, industry and professional societies, and the wider Schlumberger community
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Geochemistry or other relevant Scientific Discipline
- Minimum 2 years with an oilfield chemical provider and / or independent chemical testing laboratory
- Experience with industry standard laboratory techniques used in the evaluation and qualification of scale inhibitors for oilfield application
- Candidate should have experience in the areas of Inorganic Flow assurance (Scale).
- Skills required:
- Personal and team organisation
- Written and verbal communication skills - English is required
- Problem solving
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.