Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Provide Engineering and Design Evaluations and Reviews, Analysis of Deployment Strategies, Feasibility Studies and delivery of Technical Training Courses to our clients for the purpose of successful drilling and completion of wells.
- Provide specific recommendations including: Rig equipment, well trajectory, drillstring design, BHA design and directional strategy, casing design (including specialty tools and equipment), wellbore stability/rock mechanics, fluid properties/type, T&D management tools, new technologies and/or alternative completion techniques to maximize revenue and minimize risk for clients.
- Evaluations will include analysis of trajectory, hole/casing sizes, mud program, geological and pressure prognosis, BHA/drillstring, reports, local geohazards, casing and drillpipe wear, T&D management, ECD management, hole cleaning, rig reliability, directional performance, and vibration.
- Traveling to/from: client offices, wellsite locations and training facilities. Minimum travel time 20% with trips typically lasting 1-3 weeks in duration.
- Must be able to comply with all company policies and procedures as well as applicable laws and regulations where we operate.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or science equivalent from an accredited university
- Minimum of three years field experience at a rig site, preferably both offshore and onshore.
- A minimum of 10 years Drilling Engineering experience, 15 years minimum if negligible ERD work in that time.
- A comprehensive understanding of all the regular Drilling Engineering disciplines. - i.e. thorough understanding of Operational and Well Planning aspects of Drilling engineering e.g.:-
- Wellhead selection to rig selection,
- Casing design to cementing design and
- Completion and Intervention philosophies to drilling fluid selection and maintenance etc.
- NB: Expertise solely in one service industry sector (DD, fluids or LWD etc.) will not provide sufficient expertise.
- Other Requirements:
- Exhibit excellent customer service/client relationship skills
- Advanced computer skills with a track record of using Drilling Engineering software
- Must be fluent in English, fluency in other languages, including Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, or Russian would be an asset
- Have the legal right to work in a country in Europe or the USA
- Up-to-date health assessment, vaccinations, and be medically fit to work at rig sites as well as in the office without restrictions
- Be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally and willing to work occasionally in field locations
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management abilities
- Open minded "Self-Starter" attitude with a strong desire to learn
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.