The Manufacturing Engineer's primary goal is to collaborate with Production floor personnel in the manufacturing of downhole tools. Successful position holders are excellent communicators, enjoy solving problems, and work well in teams. Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Consult with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Work closely with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential. Work with procurement to reduce overhead costs and improve material availability.
- Troubleshoot processes and solve problems with Electrical/Mechanical components to ensure continuous production.
- Assist in training the workforce on manufacturing processes and process improvements.
- Responsible for the implementation of key elements of Lean, such as: standardized work instructions, Value Stream Mapping, and Kaizen/5S
- Implement process improvements to achieve manufacturing excellence in areas such as process yield (e.g. First Pass Yield, Rolled Throughput Yield), cycle time reduction and productivity.
- Provide shop floor feedback on product design and manufacturability issues to Engineering and DFMs (e.g. through the use of Engineering Change Requests - ECRs).
- Review and sign-off on Engineering Change Orders that impact Inventory - including product life cycle issues, obsolescence, etc.
- Creates, implements, and monitors key performance indicators and metrics on manufacturing process capability and product quality.
- Responsible to assist with investigation, root cause analysis and corrective action implementation for manufacturing quality issues.
- BS/ MS in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical preferred).
- 3+ years' experience in Manufacturing
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in Oil & Gas manufacturing industry or equivalent experience preferred.
- SAP experience highly preferred.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.