Skills: Civil Engineering, Civil Construction
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sparwood, British Columbia, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Civil Superintendent. Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Civil Superintendent will be responsible for proactively managing all daily maintenance activities and ensuring activities are executed in accordance with the schedule, as this role will play an integral part in the construction, construction support, and of all phases of commissioning for a successful plant start-up in Southern British Columbia.
- Coordinating engineering requirements between site and engineering office and ensuring strong interaction within the civil and process departments
- Assisting the contractors with clarification, interpretation, interference resolution and QA/QC related matters
- Coordinating with Wood engineering to ensure timely resolutions of Contractor Requests for Information
- Assist in the review and resolution of QA/QC non-conformance reports (NCRs)
- Ensure site - instructions, drawings and specifications for scope changes are issued/communicated to Contractor in a timely manner
- Developing and maintaining communication channels with client, stake holders, and internal Wood personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly and is delivered to customer's expectations
- Proactively working with contractors to ensure project safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives are being achieved
- Monitoring of daily construction activities with respect to performance, procedure, quality and providing the Construction Manager with detailed, timely daily reports of all such activities and equipment utilized for these activities
- Submitting weekly progress reports outlining items of concern such as progress delays, safety observations, non-conformance with specifications/ drawings, equipment, weather delays, congestion, workmanship, quality control and potential contract extras
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering technologist diploma or graduate degree in related field is considered an asset
- At least 8 years of experience in construction management with mining or heavy industrial projects including at least 5 years increasing responsibility as a construction manager along with a focus on open pit mining
- AutoCAD and/or 3D design/drafting software capabilities is considered an asset
- Willingness to travel domestically and for varying durations
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.