Skills: WellSite Supervisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houma, Louisiana, United States
The Wellsite Leader (WSL) is accountable for leading all activities, HSSE, operations, and logistics at the well site for all related well construction activities (drilling and completion), workover and intervention activities with the goal of meeting or exceeding performance metrics. The WSL is the site representative for GWO and will lead GWO and Contractor Personnel to assure that well operations, which are under their control are carried out in a manner that adheres to company Values and Behaviours, is conformant with the requirements of OMS, practices and procedures and is compliant with local government regulations.
The WSL is a safety critical role due to the impact of the decisions they make on operations.
While working onshore, the WSL is embedded in the operations team and accountable for supporting planning and execution activities for well construction activities (drilling and completion), workover and intervention activities with the goal of meeting or exceeding performance metrics. The WSL assures adherence to company Values and Behaviours, is conformant with the requirements of OMS, practices and procedures and is compliant with local government regulations. The WSL supports the development of junior staff and assures lessons and experience is transferred across rig lines.
- The WSL establishes the leadership culture-setting priorities and ensuring they are agreed to and understood at site inductions, daily meetings and pre-job meetings.
- Lead representative on a well site, primarily leading a team of contract workers, assuring procedural discipline is followed.
- Accountable for managing daily operations planning, assuring the plan is fully understood, communicated to the onsite Sr Contractor representatives, cascaded to the personnel performing the work and fully understood..
- Commitment to well planning and learning process through input into drilling procedures, forward programmes and active participation in company continuous improvement processes. Participates in Well Program reviews with the Engineering team and ensures onsite lessons are captured and shared effectively.
- Management and control of operational costs. Actively pursue cost saving and innovative solutions for well work operations.
- Ensures site safety and environment management systems are implemented as designed and are consistent with internal policies and standards.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the data and information that is on the morning reports, particularly NPT and operational coding to assure accurate reporting of performance.
- Responsible for providing leadership and management of task level self-verification and Contractor oversight checks at the Wellsite.
- Stop the job and assess risk in the event of any program changes or changes to risk mitigation barriers (procedural or physical). Inform the WSUP of any changes to the risk profile of planned activities.
- Accountable for assuring Well Control procedures are understood and implemented by the Wellsite team.
- Manage the planning, coordination and prioritization of materials and logistic operations to and from the Wellsite.
- Verifies the awareness, understanding and conformance to both the Well Control and SMS Bridging documents with the Wellsite teams.
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 10 years of well operations experience, with a minimum of 3 yrs working at the well site in a supervisory position. Experience working in and preferably supervising, multi-disciplinary teams.
- There may be additional regional experience requirements based on the Well Classification (A, B or C).
- Experience with Managed Pressure Drilling is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels to be able to effectively project manage multi-disciplinary scopes of work.
- Successfully completed a WSL competency assessment
- Valid Supervisory Well Control Certificates for both drilling (subsea and surface) and well servicing. (WellSharp or IWCF L4)
- BOSIET or HUET training for locations that require helicopter for transit to the Wellsite.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Degree in a qualified in engineering, science or technical discipline preferred
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.