Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Draughtsperson for a permanent position, located Aberdeen.
To work within a multi-discipline technical team to design, qualify and commercialise a range cutting edge downhole completion technologies. As a member of a small and dynamic group of specialists the primary focus is the mechanical component of new and developing systems. However, flexibility and initiative are also key elements of the role. The draughtsperson will produce assembly and detail drawings of a range of products which include swellable, fiber optic and electro-hydraulic valve technologies.
- To produce general arrangement, production and detailed drawings and parts lists of clients and client's products.
- To assist in the development of engineering design
- To produce information in the form of drawings and specifications which allows the contracts, projects and production departments to perform their functions efficiently.
- To contribute to the continuing effort to reduce costs.
- To contribute to the maintenance of engineering data using data management software.
- To produce information to safely meet client and in-house deadlines and to advise early of any anticipated delays.
- To ensure all relevant company procedures and policies are adhered to in the performance of the duties above.
- HNC or HND (or equivalent) qualified in a recognised technical discipline at minimum.
- Knowledge of 3D modelling software.
- Knowledge of parametric modelling techniques.
- Be familiar with current draughting standards.
- Previous relevant draughting experience.
- Knowledge of downhole hydraulics would be advantageous.
- Ability to investigate and interpret data.
- Oil and gas experience preferred.
- Ideally knowledge with SolidWorks software
- Ability to plan, control and take responsibility for own work and related decisions
- Problem solving approach and a 'get it right first time' attitude
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, and good teamwork skills
- Strong ability to perform well under pressure of a high and varied workload, tight deadlines and changing job priorities
- Attention to detail in all aspects of the job role