Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Basra, Iraq
Wood is currently recruiting for Lead Electrical Engineer on a 4x4 rotational basis for one of our projects located in Iraq.
- Reporting to Engineering Manager, the candidate will assume sole responsibility for the management of the electrical engineering and design teams on the contract and in high value execution centres (HVEC)
- To ensure all team members are competency assessed and maintain the competency of the team in line with company requirements
- To have single-point responsibility for all electrical engineering deliverables and ensure that they conform to all applicable engineering codes and standards as well as the Client's policies and procedures
- Manage and report progress of all Electrical engineering and design budgets in line with contract requirements
- Manage engineering and design resource requirements in line with contract requirements
- Ensure compliance with management of change processes both technical and financial.
- To provide direction and guidance on technical queries relating to electrical engineering and raise appropriate EQ's/deviations
- To participate in all project safety and design reviews as necessary
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule
- To liaise with the Client's Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion
- To promote safe behaviour at all times
- To provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline
- To co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up
- To provide technical support to site in terms of material inspection, Factory Acceptance Testing etc
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to electrical systems
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required
- To attend weekly progress meetings and generate status reports for the Engineering/Project Manager
- Promote and encourage smarter ways of working and champion continuous improvement within your department
- Ensure all lessons learnt are captured and shared
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 15 years experience in the oil and gas industries
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of electrical system design and analysis
- Thorough awareness of international codes and standards
- Familiar with the typical software packages that are used for electrical system design and selection including Smartplant
- Experience of participation in HAZID, HAZOP and IPF/SIL Classification studies.
- Experience with Concept Selection and FEED studies
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.