Education: High School/Secondary
Location: United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for an IT Contracts Specialist, t his is an important role with responsibility for an annual spend in excess of $50M requiring an inquisitive, detail oriented and motivated individual. The IT Contracts Specialist will provide IT specialist contractual, commercial and financial management support to Wood, whilst utilising supply chain best practice and governance to deliver efficiencies in process and spend. Responsible for the timely execution of specific aspects of supply chain activities in management of global outsourced IT services contract including procurement to payment process and contract change control activities. Ensuring all expenditure is reconciled with purchase orders and invoicing. The role holder will r egularly audit supplier reporting and challenge discrepancies to ensure validity of back up/billing to allow accurate commercial control and reporting and escalate any critical issues and risks to IT Contracts Manager. As well as, p reparing all aspects of contract financial reporting to include budget preparation and liaison with the group Finance team for presentation to the group's CIO.
- Commercial management of service provider to ensure contracts are effectively managed, developed and maintained to deliver best value and pricing to Wood
- Provide contract specialist support to include - contract change, evaluation, negotiation and execution
- Responsible for the end to end purchase to pay process in all geographies required to support the outsourced IT services
- Responsible for the tracking and reporting of spend against the services
- Responsible for the validation of reporting provided in support of services billing
- Deliver cost savings against IT contracts which contribute to improved margin growth and profit
- Act as a primary point of contact and interface between Wood and its suppliers
- Attend and input to regular commercial reviews with service provider
- Ensure that relevant contractual files are communicated to all relevant parties to provide visibility and awareness and assist stakeholders in the interpretation and implementation of the contract
- Provide guidance on commercial and contractual matters to the IT CIO, IT leadership and the wider Wood Senior Management in addition to other operational staff in contracting practices and procedures.
- Accountable for the successful delivery of supply chain activities that they are responsible for
Skills / Qualifications
Knowledge, skills & experience
- Proven track record of relevant experience working within the IT contracts and/or vendor management arena
- Financial management and reporting, including, but not limited to billing audit and validation, budget reconciliation, expenditure tracking.
- Contract change control
- Experience of commercial evaluation, negotiation and terms and conditions qualification.
- Supplier relationship management
- ERP systems (Oracle and / or Voyager experience would be advantageous)
- Dispute and claim resolution
- Process improvement
- Management of global contracts an advantage
- Strong negotiation and conflict management skills
- Have demonstrable analytical skills to monitor and support vendor financial management
- Be able to identify and offset contract and commercial risk on behalf of the organisation
- Time management and ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Inquisitive and determined mindset with attention to detail
- Ability to form and maintain strong working relationships
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.