Skills: Engineering Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Duncanville, Texas, United States
Location: Duncan, OK preferred / Houston, TX Alternative
In this role, you will be responsible for the collaboration and interactions in the review of specific customer application(s) using electric technologies for the Low and Medium Voltage power systems for Halliburton's Production Enhancement Product Service Lines (PSL). Also, you will support the delivery/commissioning of these state-of-the-art technology solutions for challenging applications in oil & gas to improve operational efficiency, lower costs and emissions, and maximize well productivity. You will need to be creative, dynamic, passionate, and data-driven with the ability to effectively communicate and influence the internal teams and/or customers to deliver best-in-class solutions. This is a high visibility position where the incumbent is expected to frequently interact with Technology, business leadership, and customers to formulate and plan technology delivery for electrical power systems applications.
Essential duties & responsibilities :
- Cultivate a culture of collaboration in the electrical low and medium voltage power systems to ensure that state-of-the-art technology is applied in the development of new customer technical solutions.
- Hands on experience in the development of applications of electrical equipment and systems including micro-grids, utility electrical interfaces, natural gas (NG) generators and turbines using industrial electrical distribution, medium voltage switchgear, transformers, motor control centers, AC motors, and protection systems for mobile applications.
- Actively collaborate with other personnel engaged in equipment design, maintenance, and operation to ensure safe, reliable deployment of high-performance solutions meeting customer requirements.
- Interact closely with suppliers to ensure performance, reliability and quality of components and subsystems.
Education / Experience / Knowledge :
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in electrical engineering with at least 5 years of electrical power systems engineering experience or related/applicable experience. Master's degree is highly desired but not required.
- Experience working with customers in the use/application/selection of mobile electrical gear to solve customer specific solutions, and knowledgeable with electrical analysis and in the use of commercial software such as SKM preferred, or ETAP, etc.,
- Experience in medium voltage power generation and/or distribution for oil & gas applications preferred. Experience with large-scale industrial processes (chemical, pharmaceutical, oil & gas refining) is essential to be successful in this role.
- Understanding of the commissioning of power systems solutions (low & medium voltage), using utility power, micro-grids, and mobile power generation (NG gas turbine & recip. engines), and demonstrated troubleshooting skills is desired, but not required.
Competencies, skills, and abilities :
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings and diagrams, electrical schematics, piping, and instrument drawings (P&IDs), flow charts and cause and effect diagrams.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
2600 South 2nd St , Duncan , Oklahoma , 73533 , United States
Requisition Number: 128196
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Production Enhancement
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.