Machinist REPORTS TO:
Production SupervisorPRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and operate more than one type of CNC Machine.
- Monitor controls and make necessary adjustments to achieve product specs and change cutting tools.
- Read dimensions and tooling instructions from work orders and blueprints.
- Verify conformance of machined parts to product specs.
- Load and unload material and align material to specs.
- Plan and perform machine operations which require complicated set ups, troubleshooting with a high degree of accuracy.
- Give work instructions and assist shop supervisor in workflow scheduling.
- Train shop personnel on all processes and procedures including those that required certifications.
- Responsible for inventory control and departmental spending and makes recommendations in process improvement for cost savings.
- Handle special projects as assigned.
- Follow company regulations for a safe and healthy workspace.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 3-5 years' related experience
- Knowledge of machines and products manufactured required.
- Must be able to be on call and work with minimum notice.
- Must be able to read blueprints, technical documents, drawings, and diagrams.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.