Skills: HR - General, HR - Recruitment
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Slidell, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Sparrows Group are looking for an experienced HR Recruitment Coordinator to join our team in Slidell, Louisiana on a permanent basis.
The HR Recruitment Coordinator will support the implementation of effective recruiting strategies to attract and retain a diverse pool of qualified talent for the US organization. Works in collaboration with the global recruiting department, hiring managers and human resource staff to fully support the recruitment thru onboarding process.
• Provide recruiting support including candidate sourcing, screening and selections, scheduling and conducting interviews.
• Post jobs to job boards/newspapers/colleges, etc.
• Ability to effectively recruit and represent the company at job fairs and various hiring events in Texas and Louisiana, including technical schools, military recruiting etc.
• Collaborates with department managers to draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria within set guidelines.
• Nurture new and existing relationships with potential hires, internal and external partners to develop a strong workforce and future pipeline.
• Conduct reference checks and make job offers.
• Assists in training and coaching managers on the recruitment process including managing requisitions, interviewing best practice and guidance on locating recruitment support process flows and materials.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
• Assembles, prepares, and analyzes reports as needed.
• Contributes to team efforts by providing support in other HR functions as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Previous relevant business, Human Resources and/or recruiting experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written.
• Strong business office skills: telephone, organizational and computer abilities.
• Ability to travel.
• Good understanding of various employment laws, HR practices, benefits, and payroll principles.
• Quick learner and ability to gain an understanding of the industry and differences between various roles within the organization.
• Knowledge of HRIS system and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs.)
• Very organized with ability to effectively manage time and self-manage workday.
• Familiarity with social media recruitment, LinkedIn, Indeed, Career Builder, Rigzone, Glassdoor and similar resume databases and professional networks.
• Oil and Gas, Industrial or Renewables or related experience preferred.