Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Procurement Specialist - Supply Chain, Glasgow Based
Wood are currently recruiting for a Procurement Specialist to join our new Hydrogen business on a permanent basis in Glasgow, this opportunity requires extensive travel throughout the UK and Europe in order to manage all aspects of procurement within the assigned project.
The appointed specialist will have an understanding of the client's contract requirements including Wood responsibilities and knowledge of how these are integrated into project supply chain strategies, plans, procedures and terms and conditions, working with senior supply chain practitioners in order to reach a robust commercial agreement.
- Delivering on behalf of our clients as well as contributing to key functional objectives.
- Accountable for the successful delivery of procurement and expediting activities that they are responsible for.
- Carry out Supplier performance reviews and ongoing management ensuring corrective actions are taken where required.
- Ensure all documents are filed accurately and fully auditable.
- Promote safe working practices and demonstrate safety commitment.
- Understands and lives Woods vision, values and behaviours, working to the Wood Financial Management Framework.
- Responsible for the end to end sourcing process for the low/medium risk procurement activity assigned to them.
- Ensure that all statutory and legal requirements and applicable processes and procedures are complied with.
- Carry out price negotiations with suppliers to achieve demonstrable price reductions.
- Capturing all internal and external in year savings targets as per business plan.
- Update the project / procurement status report (PSR) in line with project / client required on site dates and current / estimate lead times, notifying any delays to supply chain management.
- Utilisation of Wood Approved Supplier Register (ASR) supplemented when required by project/client approved supplier registers for supplier evaluation, audit, and selection.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in a business related discipline
- Ideally supply chain or procurement, working towards or CIPS qualified
- Record of skills training appropriate for job specific role
Role specific experience:
- Procurement experience demonstrating results
- It is essential you have a background in project delivery
- Detailed knowledge of Suppliers and ability to build and maintain relationships
Knowledge and experience of:
- ERP systems
- Supply Chain Principles and techniques
- Commercial evaluations and negotiations
- Need to be able to hand deliver across the procurement lifecycle and project
- Supplier relationship management
- Strong communication skills, written, oral and presentation
- Positively maintain relationships with suppliers and other disciplines
- Planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic proactive attitude
- Adaptability and Problem Solving skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.