Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Basrah, Basra Governorate, Iraq
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Process Engineer on a 4/4 rotation located in Basra, Iraq.
- Reporting to the Lead Process Engineer, the candidate will assume sole responsibility for assigned process engineering work scopes
- To carry out process discipline work within a project team, supporting the project team for field development of oil & gas production facilities
- To plan, budget, organize, and control a segment of the process engineering deliverables for the project
- To prepare process deliverables for a project in the oil and gas industry, and ensure that they conform to all applicable engineering codes and standards as well as the Client's policies and procedures
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule
- To provide direction and guidance on all process engineering technical queries raised by either internal or external parties
- To liaise with the Client's Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion
- To promote safe behaviour at all times
- To provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline
- To co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to process engineering design
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required
Skills / Qualifications
- At least 10 years of experience in upstream oil and gas. More years of experience preferable but this is considered a minimum for this role.
- At least 5 years working as a senior process engineer.
- At least 3 years working for a reputable international engineering contractor as a senior or lead process engineer (mix of greenfield and brownfield).
- Preference to have some Middle Eastern experience.
- Strong operations support experience at site looking out for some of the following:
- Process Technical Authority
- Resolving Engineering Queries received direct from the operations team
- Carrying out Site Surveys
- Preparing scope of work ( SOW ) or Statement of Requirement ( SOR ) documents to scope out small brownfields modifications required to implement debottlenecking opportunities identified (in sufficient detail for engineering contractor to pick up)
- Carrying out Operational Risk Assessment
- Process engineering focal point to support Management of Change ( MOC ) system
- Custodian of facility P&IDs
- Carrying out Pre start up safety reviews ( PSSR )
- Root Cause Failure Analyses ( RCA )
- Mentoring/Training of local national
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.