Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Wood is currently looking for a PMC Senior Piping Designer (FEED). This is a Home Office position based in Dubai.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times.
- Maybe required to perform site surveys and data gathering exercises at various project locations.
- To provide discipline specific design and drafting services that meet the Project's, and applicable statutory and regulatory, requirements.
- To provide technical support to the site team during design, engineering and construction.
- Preparation and checking of all types of Piping or Layout design deliverables such as General Arrangement Drawings, Mechanical Package Drawings, 3D Models in PDS, Piping Arrangement Drawings, Piping Isometrics, Material Take-Offs, Electrical or Instrument Cable layouts etc.
- Conduct onshore site surveys in Basra, Iraq.
- Interdisciplinary check of all Civil/Structural/Piping/Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation drawings.
- Review of vendor drawings for Equipment / Package items.
- Produce 2D drawings in AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to the discipline.
- Preparation of model / constructability review presentation.
Technical / Business Skills:
- Strong commitment to safety
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, MicroStation, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience of 3D modelling using PDS.
- Experience of 3D model review with the help of Navisworks.
- Experience of use of 'Laser Scan Data' in PDS environment.
- Understanding and Interpretation of 'Topographical Survey'.
- Conduct onshore site Surveys.
- Must be able to work to an agreed scope, budget and schedule.
- An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements.
- Experience in Brownfield, Conceptual, FEED and Detailed Design is required.
- Experience in the preparation and co-ordination of Mechanical and/or Piping design deliverables
- Compliance with industry, international and client Codes and Standards.
- Maintain suitable records of correspondence and work completed for reference and auditing purposes.
- Must be eligible and willing to make occasional visits to Basra, Iraq.
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma or HNC in Mechanical Engineering (or relevant subject)
Business & Industry Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience
- Brownfield detailed design projects experience
- PDS / PDMS experiece required
- Experience in Site Survey Activities and techniques
- Previous experience of working for Wood is preferred
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage
- Onshore Oil and Gas related Mechanical and/or Piping design experience
- Thorough awareness of international codes and standards used for Mechanical and/or Piping design in Oil & Gas industry.
- A determination to continually improve safety in all aspects of plant design and operation
- Extensive experience with prefabricated, packaged plant design
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.