Experience: 13 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Wood is currently recruiting for a Corporate Accountant to support the operations team in St. John's with their financial reporting requirements and help deliver against financial and operational targets.
- Managing month end processes and close cycle to meet global timelines. This includes timely entry and posting of all journal entries, completion of cash application and reconciliation processes, completion of revenue generation and recognition processes to ensure accurate and reliable reporting of financial results.
- Prepare required month end reports as required and work closely with Ops Services Finance team to respond to all finance inquiries
- Work closely with project managers and contract leads to ensure accuracy and proper accounting for projects
- Cross train with project accountants to assist in generating invoices and supporting documentation required to ensure compliance with contract terms
- Cross train with payroll accountant to assist with processing of payroll for 300-400 people on a bi-weekly basis, as required
- Preparing remittance information for commodity taxes on a monthly basis
- Completing and/or reviewing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparing ad hoc financial reports and analysis including information required for tax and risk management reviews
- Managing financial requests for internal and external audits
- Identifying and implementing changes to improve efficiency of business process while maintaining robust internal controls
- Mentor other members of Finance team
- Participate in the annual budget process
Skills / Qualifications
- Business/Commerce Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- CPA Designation
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Thorough understanding of the accounting cycle
- Knowledge and/or experience with corporate, international and indirect taxes
- Efficient use of MS Office
- Oracle System Experience
- Knowledge of ADP systems
- Great communication skills
- Engaged team player
- Oil and Gas experience preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.