Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Our client is seeking a Senior Operations Geologist to support a variety of eastern hemisphere activities. The Operations Geologist must demonstrate visible leadership in HSSE, effective communication skills including technical and leadership coaching across the Wells and subsurface teams, including rig personnel. The role is part of an existing integrated team of geoscientists and engineers in the Subsurface organization whose core activities include exploration, appraisal and development well planning and delivery, as well as specialist PPFG and Geohazards support. The Operations Geologist must ensure that the execution of wells meets company standards and delivers in an integrated, agile manner with multiple disciplines across Functions. The role includes subsurface well execution (operational casing point & TD decisions, data acquisition plans, tracking & analysing subsurface NPT), liaising with project operations geologist SPAs as well as the RCC PPD and drilling engineering personnel to help deliver safe and efficient wells. The role includes the expectation to coach and develop company staff.
- University Degree in Geology or related subject, with 15+ years of relevant industry experience, most of which should have been gained in a geological operations environment.
- Strong commitment to Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and personal and process safety.
- Essential industry experience in well planning and operations geology, well-site geology, petrophysical log interpretation
- Experience in drilling high pressure wells (HPHT) with narrow PP to FG window
- Detailed understanding of mud logging, LWD/MWD, wireline and coring operations
- Knowledge and ability to use / integrate pore pressure monitoring techniques
- Excellent communication skills, influencing skills, strong team player, open and transparent communicator across diverse multidiscipline teams and partners to create integrated products that add value to the business.
- Proactive work ethic - does things before being asked to or forced to by events.
- Ability to identify problems and assimilate complex data to resolve problems, anticipate future situations, and plans ahead.
- Good project management and organizational skills with attention to detail. Must work calmly under pressure and adapt efficiently to fast-paced operations.
- Skilled in the application of relevant geological software.
- Workstation skills (Petrel)
- Well planning
- Experience in PPFG prediction
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.