Skills: Maintenance Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
The Operations Maintenance Coordinator (OMC) is the primary interface between Production and Maintenance. The PMC's primary focus is the overall effectiveness of the maintenance process.
1. Accountable for the execution of the Maintenance Work Process in Production:
- Prioritization - both on the front-end when evaluating corrective work notifications, but also updating need-dates in the maintenance backlog as necessary (working with Planners, Scheduler, Production Specialist, and Maintenance Coordinators) to assure realistic completion dates are met
- Permitting - assures smooth communication of permit needs and requirements so that maintenance work is not delayed by operational readiness, nor that HSSE / safety requirements are missed in work plans.
- Balances Corrective work inputs against Preventive work load to assure timely completion of all Preventive work.
2. Shared Accountability for the annual maintenance budget. Approves all Planned work orders ahead of scheduling, in part as a method of oversight for maintenance costs. Works with Production Specialist (PS) to manage available maintenance budget against cumulative risk in maintenance backlog, providing visibility and escalation as necessary to assure acceptable overall level of risk is not exceeded.
3. Effective interface and execution of the Maintenance Work Process within the Production department. Communicates Maintenance work, scheduling and priorities with Production teams, working closely with both Production Specialists and Maintenance Coordinators, and ME Planners and Scheduler.
4. Oversees the yearly kickoff and organization of the winterization program in the process units/areas.
5. Communicates to site multi-disciplinary teams via Site Production Team Meetings the priority maintenance work items that require Technical/Plant Change support.
6. Conducts lookback and reports out on "E" & "1" Priority Work performance (e.g. missing WO details, wrong RAM scores, wrong priority, etc) to help site meet Reactive Work KPI's.
7. Shared Accountability for coaching operators & crafts in the maintenance work process.
8. Accountable for coaching and onboarding of Day Assistants in the Process Areas.
- Fixed costs (reliability, maintenance costs, etc)
- Margin (Effective execution, variable costs, process optimization, reliability drivers, etc)
- Waste Elimination Team Member/Contributor
- Non Supervisory position - no subordinates
- Coaches / instructs workers in his/her area of expertise
- Influences maintenance effectiveness across operations/production and maintenance
> Knowledge of site HSSE regulations, policies, procedures
> Skill in Plant, Process and Equipment
> Skill in Production & Maintenance policies & procedures
> Knowledge of ME process
> Knowledge in specific Unit Operations
> Knowledge in plant operating limits, safeguards and interactions between process units
> Knowledge in of Emergency Response
> Skill in sound decision making skills
> Skill in written and oral communication skills
> Skill of BUILD Competencies
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.