Senior Build & Release EngineerWould you enjoy designing innovative software for energy products?Do you like working in collaborative teams and solving technical problems?Join our cutting-edge Software Development team
Our Digital Solutions business provides intelligent, connected technologies to monitor and control our energy extraction assets. We provide customers with the peace of mind needed to reliably and efficiently improve their operations. Our team is building a next-generation platform of software for intelligent decisions, supporting the mission-critical requirements of customers.Partner with the best
As a Senior Build & Release Engineer you will develop high performing, scaling and innovative end-to-end applications. You will collaborate extensively with system engineers, product owners, subject matter experts and various product stakeholders to create unique products. You will implement solutions that are aligned with our future and extend shared platforms and solutions.
As a Senior Build & Release Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Support and improve our tools/process for continuous deployment management
- Support solution Infra Architect to deploy the application and infra to customer private/public cloud
- Debug the Docker images/containers, Kubernetes clusters issues
- Build monitoring tools around Kubernetes/AKS clusters
- Develop process tools to track the customer releases and create update plans
- Develop process to ensure the patching/updates take place without affecting the operation SLA
- Responsible to meet availability SLA working with Infra and application team responsible for 24x7
- Profile deployment process and identifies bottlenecks
- Demonstrate expertise in writing scripts to automate tasks. Implements Continuous Integration/Deployment build principles
- Provide expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a developed code/images/containers
- Help businesses develop an overall strategy for deploying code. Contribute to planning and strategy with his/her ideas. Draw off experience in order to influence others
- Be expert at applying principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
- Be able to document procedures for building and deploying
To be successful in this role you will:
Working with us
- Bachelor's education in Computer Science, IT or Engineering
- At least 2+ years production experience providing hands-on technical expertise to design, deploy, secure, and optimize Cloud services
- Hands on Experience with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes) is Must (minimum 2 years).
- Providing Production Operations support experience preferably with a cloud services provider (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Experience with creating, maintaining and deploying automated build tools for minimum 2 years
- Have in-depth knowledge of Clustering, Load Balancing, High Availability, and Disaster Recovery, Auto Scaling
- Infrastructure-as-a-code (IaaC) using Terraform/CloudFormation
- Good to have knowledge of Application & Infrastructure Monitoring Tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, New Relic, Nagios
- Hands on experience of CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Understanding on standard networking concept such as DNS, DHCP, subnets, Server Load Balancing, Firewalls
- Knowledge of Web based application development
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux and/or Windows operating systems
- Experience with common scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby)
- Able to assess code, build it, and run applications locally on his/her own
- Experience with creating and maintaining automated build tools
- Facilitates and coaches software engineering team sessions on requirements estimation and alternative approaches to team sizing and estimation.
- Publishes guidance and documentation to promote adoption of design. Proposes design solutions based on research and synthesis; creates general design principles that capture the vision and critical concerns for a program.
- Demonstrates mastery of the intricacies of interactions and dynamics in Agile teams.
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.