Skills: Purchasing, Supply Chain Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for an SCM Specialist for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen.
The SCM Function supports OPEX & CAPEX to provide the Fleet & Equipment Group with the necessary services, equipment and consumables required to operate of fleet of vessels, ROV and operational bases globally.
The function plays a key role within our OR organisation and is responsible for the effective management of all third-party procurement & services. This includes sourcing, supplier management, procurement of goods & services, expediting, logistics, inventory management & warehousing. The SCM Specialist will be responsible for a particular, defined aspect of the Supply Chain process. This will involve the purchase of goods, services and facilities or other SCM functions.
- Manage & action the procurement of good & services for allocated vessel, asset or operational base /workshop.
- Plan and execute Forwarding & Expediting strategies to ensure timely arrival of goods services without undue delay/penalty with clearance.
- Operate within standardised OR SCM policies, processes and systems and leverage the systems side to support the provision of relevant and quality metrics
- Manage the defined elements of the supply chain process as delegated. Work within cross-functional teams to work with vendors on cost improvement and to create better value delivery.
- Capitalise from lessons learned and is performed in accordance with best practice, striving to mitigate risk, promoting safety and integrity consistently.
- Contribute the selection, management and monitoring of vendors.
- Participate in the evaluation of the vendors.
- Proactively support internal clients such as Vessel Teams, ROV, project teams with performance of the assigned SCM activities.
- Maintain contact with Vendors, including appropriate sites visits, during the entire process ensuring adherence to quality and deadlines.
- Maintain and produce appropriate reports and logs for all relevant internal parties, proactively highlighting issues to ensure these are identified in advance and can be addressed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous Marine/Vessel SCM experience with exposure to procurement processes and familiar with RFQ/tendering.
- Previous experience of using SAP.
- Knowledge of market/industry suppliers and service providers.
Degree qualified, however relevant experience will be considered.
BEHAVIOURS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Must be flexible, open to changing priorities and reliable (Essential)
- All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
- All personnel are expected to provide leadership in code of Ethics and compliance with FCPA and Bribery and Corruption Acts.