Skills: Business Development
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Wood is seeking an experienced business development lead for its renewables business working across wind, solar and other renewable generation technologies. Our specialist renewables business, with over 100 professionals, works across the full asset life cycle globally and is supported by the full engineering capability from our wider consulting and projects business's with over 40,000 staff globally. Renewables are at the heart of Wood's support in energy transition and decarbonisation. Driven most recently in our participation through COP26.
Wood's unrivalled market position is built on our ability to deliver end to end solutions from feasibility and advisory, through site selection and consenting, design and delivery. Our specialist services include lenders and developer advisory, technology review, owners engineer, construction support and asset performance and optimisation.
Our client base includes investors, developers, regulators and lenders. Your role will be to position our services to meet the needs of our client base, to foster that client base and develop new relationships and to grow our pipeline of new opportunities.
This is an exciting leadership role with an expectation that you will drive Wood's renewables strategy at a time when renewables is at the heart of our corporate strategy now and for many years to come.
Given the scale, reach and depth of Wood, there are significant opportunities for ongoing and structured career development across Wood's wider business.
Strategic planning and growth:
- Responsible for refining and driving the strategic direction of our renewables business
Delivering outstanding client facing solutions:
- Positioning our services across our existing portfolio of clients and developing new relationships in the market
Client account development:
- Key client relationship manager for strategic client accounts
- Manage and co-ordinate activity on our accounts connecting across the wider Wood Key Account Programme
- Act as bid sponsor on select strategic bids and drive our win rates
- Supporting innovation in the renewables business to drive our USPs in the market and business margins
External facing/industry profile:
- Promote the Wood brand to the renewables industry and increase our industry profile across the service offering, including through representation at conferences, production of news and technical articles etc
Skills / Qualifications
- Significant track record in the renewables sector with a combination of operational delivery and business development roles
- Profile in the industry and industry bodies
- Well networked in the renewables industry with a proven track record of winning work with a variety of clients in the sector
- Track record across the renewables asset life cycle in either consultancy or in a developer role
- Experienced in commercial and business management including management and responses to strategic bids
- An excellent communicator with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, clients, suppliers and industry
- Willingness to travel, includind international travel
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree (or equivalent), in a relevant environmental or engineering
- Significant experience in the renewables sector
- Full driving licence
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.