Supplier Leader / Sourcing Specialist Essential Responsibilities and Duties
The Supplier Leader/ Sourcing Specialist is responsible for managing the supplier management and sourcing processes for a Center to deliver optimal product and service cost, and a high-performance, risk-managed supply base in line with the business requirements. The Supplier Leader cum Sourcing Specialist manages an equipment integration portfolio, his/her managed suppliers and contributes in continuous improvement activities in ensuring on time delivery performance satisfying the customers' requirements. Specific deliverables and responsibilities
Experience in the following areas is required
- Contribute to sourcing ideas/ plans that reduce cost & lead time, secure supply and minimize supply chain disruptions, aligned with Category strategies.
- Develop action plans, timelines and resource assignments for sourcing projects, including the assignment of projects from Category, supply risk mitigations or continuous Improvement activities.
- Manage & execute sourcing activities to support the Tech Centers on direct spend requirements and local requirements.
- Support through the identification of suppliers, RFQ and engaging the GSC and other stakeholders as required.
- Define a high-performance supply base for locally managed commodities.
- Lead the request for information, quotation, proposal and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery, total cost of ownership and compliance to CLM Procedure.
- Lead the supplier evaluation and selection processes, in coordination with Supplier Quality teams and Supplier Managers. Ensure all decisions for selection and onboarding are documented.
- Execute new supplier screening and onboarding processes.
- Strategize negotiation of prices and terms with suppliers to meet quality, delivery and cost objectives.
- Lead the contracting process with suppliers in coordination with Supply Chain Contract Manager.
- Monitor sourcing projects to ensure on-time completion and full implementation, including all Purchasing data required to transact.
- Engage with all appropriate stakeholders to meet defined objectives and ensure the effective implementation of Sourcing Plans.
- Identify opportunities and implement actions to continuously reduce wasted time, money and resources.
- Comply with all Schlumberger and local procedures applicable to the job function. Ensure full compliance throughout the Center with Schlumberger Financial Manual and Sourcing Procedures.
- Conduct constant supplier engagement & development for critical suppliers to ensure sufficient capacity, resources and materials to complete the refurbishment units.
- Plan, execute and support in supplier audits.
- Drive and monitor favorable inflation activities to ensure the objectives are met.
- Liaise with stakeholders and lead non-conformance related issues that are due to supplier's fault.
- Review and approve refurbishment/new units quotations from integrators. Conduct regular alignment between centre and suppliers on project progress.
- Work closely with Planning and Manufacturing to ensure refurbishment/ new units timeline is met.
- Be the pivotal/escalation point for managed suppliers' portfolio from internal stakeholders.
- Monitor and ensure service levels from critical suppliers are met.
- Support in rapid response request from the Customer Service or Engineering Team.
- Initiate and drive activities to reduce supplier lead time
- Ensure Supplier Performance Management according to Supplier Management Plan.
Experience in the following areas is desired
- Between 8 to 10 years of Supplier Management and Sourcing Lead Experience in fast pace MNC. (Exclude any Purchasing experience.)
- Effective communication, influencing, problem-solving, negotiation, presentation skills.
- Strong Supplier Relationship Management and the ability to navigate the organization and influence decisions.
- Short/long term planning foresight, commercially focused, pragmatic, proactive and results-driven.
- Relevant tertiary educations in Supply Chain, Business Administration/Management or Engineering.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Have working rights in Singapore.
- Sharepoint, Power BI, SAP, Ariba
- Well informed on commodity prices fluctuations. Understanding their impact on the managed portfolio.
- Familiarization of automation software such as Robotics Process Automation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Please be vigilant to fraudulent activity if you receive a communication or e-mail regarding potential employment, or an invitation to submit applications to a public email address, supposedly from Schlumberger. Please do not send money or pass any personal details to anyone suggesting they can provide employment with us. We will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process. For more information please visit: company website