Skills: Commercial Management, Operations Management, Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Control Union UK are currently looking for an Operations Director to join its certification team based in London. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Operations Director will be overseeing & monitoring the operations and performance across the company. Responsibilities include providing operational management, leadership, support, and direction, along with the development of effective and robust working relationships with colleagues, customers, and suppliers. To be considered for this position, you should be able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar operational role, including the ability to effectively manage and motivate teams, be commercially and contractually aware, along with the ability to create and manage budgets.
London, remote working
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development & management of existing operations
- Working with heads of departments with planning & scheduling of work activities
- Performance reporting and forecasting for all departments
- Liaising with group management accountants around recorded revenue
- Ensure compliance with HSSE policies & procedures
- Deliver the highest level of customer service to existing and new customers
- Maintaining competitive and cost-efficient operations
- Manage employee performance including training, appraisals, discipline and grievances
- All CU UK direct reports
- Control Union Management Team
- Group functional departments
- Vendors, suppliers and external consultants
- Industry stakeholders and external committees
- University degree
- Computer literate in use of MS Office packages
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Capacity to prioritise workload and meet reporting deadlines
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a key leadership operations role
- Previous experience within Auditing and Certifications industry is highly desired
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Control Union is a leading global organization providing certifications, testing, auditing and total quality assurance. Control Union operates across several sectors, from the agri-food, energy, forestry to consumer products.
With a presence in more than 70 countries, Control Union is uniquely placed to manage challenges with today's global marketplace.
Peterson offers safe, reliable and value added risk management and logistics solutions to the energy, shipping and agricultural industry globally from strategic locations. Additionally, we offer specialist activities including inspection and certification of a broad range of products. Founded in 1920, Peterson is non-stock listed and family-owned. Together with sister company Control Union we operate in over 70 countries worldwide.
Peterson operates across many different industries. From agriculture to coal and minerals and from oil and gas to biofuels and biomass, together we are One Peterson. We offer three core activities, namely quality assurance, integrated logistics and related activities. Related activities include recruitment, procurement, project and consultancy services.