Skills: Project Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ware, England, United Kingdom
Wood Life Sciences business is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer on a permanent staff basis, to support with the delivery of an EPC framework contract on a large pharmaceutical site based in Ware, Hertfordshire.
This is a hands on, site based role where you would be running several projects at once. This is an exciting time to join the Wood team if you are looking to gain Pharma experience.
Workscope include hugely diverse projects such as:
- Steam and Condensate Upgrades
- Chilled Water Upgrades
- Substation replacement
- Office upgrade
- HVAC Upgrade/replacement
- Heat Exchanger/pump replacement
- Sprinkler Upgrades
- Fire and Gas Upgrades
- Road upgrades, traffic management around site
- Supports first-class delivery in their assigned project(s) through coordinating and delivering the full project lifecycle for assigned project scopes to schedule and in accordance with applicable procedures, specifications and standards.
- Coordinates a series of activities performed by engineers, designers and others from multiple engineering disciplines to support the timely issuing of engineering deliverables to meet project specifications.
- Ensures engineering disciplines comply with all applicable quality and HSE requirements in preparation of deliverables
- Schedule preparation, planning and resource forecasting for engineering activities relating to the project
- Ensures accurate and timely delivery of work and resolves minor delays and change to the satisfaction of both internal and external customers.
- Alerts Project Manager in the event of major delays or change; revises scope and supports implementation of approved changes.
- Coordinates and assures technical excellence of interdisciplinary project deliverables
- Work closely with the construction team to ensure smooth and safe construction delivery
- Support with commissioning, validation and closeout activities
- Coordinate the preparation of project plans and multi-discipline documents such as basis of design, subcontract scopes of work, as well as constructability reviews and subcontractor engagement.
- Prepare Construction Phase Plans, review of subcontractor RAMS
- Able to coordinate inputs from multidisciplinary engineering teams in one office location, OR from a single discipline team across multiple execution centres
- Coordinate inputs to and issue engineering deliverables such as Designs, Reports etc, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Execute assigned project scope in accordance with the project engineering manhour budget and schedule requirements
- Implement the engineering workshare strategies for multi-centre execution projects for assigned project scope.
- Coordinate engineering activities performed by others
- Under guidance, prepares project-specific procedures
- Report on progress issues.
Skills / Qualifications
- HND / HNC in a relevant Engineering discipline
Minimum Experience & Skills:
- Demonstrable experience in pharmaceutical projects or other relevant industries is strongly preferred
- Practiced in project control mechanisms and with commercial and technical risk assessments
- Excellent communications skills
- Practitioner in risk management processes
- Strong effective delegation skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.