Skills: Business Analyst, Financial Analyst
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
The Senior Chemicals Strategist serves as the Company's expert in Downstream Chemicals strategy and scenario planning, acts as a Corporate Advisor for the Downstream Chemicals' business, and provides industry specific insights to key internal stakeholders. This role is also responsible for independently initiating research on wide-ranging topics and long-term scenarios which impact the Company's competitive advantage, as well as conducting research and special studies for the Strategy Council and other Corporate committees.
- Collaborates in a group of strategists and other professionals who are responsible for developing and maintaining the Downstream Chemicals strategy and outlook scenarios, and articulating strategic and operational plans.
- Provides advice and guidance regarding the Company's strategic goals and strategic plans to Directors, VPs and Sr VPs.
- Undertakes independent research to identify and capture trends which are relevant to the Downstream Chemicals business by covering technology, geopolitics, industry regulations, Saudi government's plans, and other related matters that might impact the Company's competitive advantage in the Downstream Chemicals business.
- Monitors the relevant news and publications related to Downstream Chemicals business.
- Provides expert knowledge to strategy and strategic plans.
- Provides actionable insight and advice to Aramco's senior management.
- Collaborates in a group of strategists and planners to ensure that strategies, outlook scenarios and strategic/operational plans are aligned with company targets and objectives.
- Prepares research and special studies, and analyses as required for the Strategy Council and other Corporate committees.
- Represents the Company in conferences and seminars, prepares and presents on subjects related to the Chemicals business covering topics such as long-term global chemicals industry trends, and impacts of technological breakthroughs both inside and outside the Company.
- Supports strategic performance reviews of the Downstream Chemicals business' portfolio, companies and assets, as well as decision-making around portfolio optimization (M&A and divestments).
- Master's degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting, Financial Management or closely related specialty.
- Must have steady career advancement through personal study, relevant and expanding work experience, relevant courses and seminar experience and professional contacts in the sector.
- At least 15 years of experience in chemicals business, with an international integrated Downstream company or global energy think tank/consulting firm, of which at least five years must have been in strategy formulation, scenario planning, and/or strategic planning.
- Proven track record of building strong relationships with think tanks and industry experts in order to remain current with key global industry developments, as well as other platforms that could impact Saudi Aramco's Downstream Chemicals competitive performance.
Data not available
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.