Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ipswich, Australia
Wood has a collaborative maintenance contract with Seqwater to deliver leading maintenance services in the water industry. These projects cover South East Queensland across multiple locations.
We are currently seeking a qualified Minor Works Planner responsible for developing business cases for unplanned minor works capital expenditure. The successful candidate will evaluate and justify potential options, conduct financial analysis and develop project briefs, while also providing technical support to the Minor Capital Works team. The role will report to the Minor Works Program Coordinator.
The role will be responsible for developing business cases across all regions and will be based in Ipswich with flexible and WFH oportunities.
Applicants must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
- Develop business cases for unplanned minor work capital expenditure delivery by the Operations Group, including the evaluation and justification of potential options, financial analysis and project brief development.
- Develop post project evaluations for the Opex to Capex process.
- Assist with the program reporting of the emergent minor work capital expenditure delivery by the Planning, Operations & Delivery Group, keeping track of project phases and approval gateways.
- Provide technical support to the Minor Capital Works team with regards to project scope of works development.
- Ensure project conformance to low risk, low value and high priority minor works project criteria.
- Responsible for the development of risk and stakeholder registers.
- Assist with Seqwaters Management of Change category B simple changes process as required.
- Perform site inspections to assist with the business case project brief development.
- Knowledge and understanding of the scope, function and nature of the Electrical/Mechanical/Civil assets used in water treatment and bulk water storage
- Experience in business case and scope of works development
- Experience in developing program reporting
- Project cost estimating experience is desirable
- A good understanding of cost benefit analysis with regards to capital expenditure projects
- Proven ability to identify emergent risks and ensure timely and effective responses.
Skills / Qualifications
- Trade qualifications in Electrical,Mechanical or Civil with substantial experience in a similar industry or professional qualifications in Electrical,Mechanical or Civil with relevant experience
- Demonstrate sound written, interpersonal and oral communication skills including the ability to consult with a range of Seqwater employees, contractors, customers and the public
- Demonstrate a willingness to discuss and implement improvements in procedures and systems
- Demonstrated attributes of drive, initiative and co-operation
- Ability to perform effectively in a changing environment and maintain an up-to-date skills and knowledge base
- Self-motivation and ability to work autonomously when required, as well as display a willingness to participate positively and constructively in the enhancement of the team environment
- Possess a current "C" class Queensland Drivers Licence.
If you're an experienced Minor Works Planner, ready for your next role, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Applications close Friday 04 February.
Wood recognise the importance of an inclusive and culturally diverse workforce. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, Women and members of the LGBTIQ community to achieve a truly representative workplace.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.