Skills: HR - General
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Human Resources Coordinator.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the HR Coordinator is responsible for the administration of the Nabors Drilling Solutions (NDS) hiring and onboarding processes. The HR Coordinator will assist with the planning, coordination and implementation of Human Resource programs and activities.
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of employees through TALEO interface.
- Facilitate drug testing and screening for candidates.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Third Party Administrator (TPA) system DISA
- Coordinate and conduct orientation with Managers, HR, and HSE
- Provide general information on the company's group benefits such as life, health, dental, and disability insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absences, and the employee assistance program.
- Monthly reports related to HR
- Reports related to the Accounting Department
- Record retention of documentation required of HR
- Create Surveys to assist in the analysis of HR inquiries
- Process new hires, change of status, and terminations including submitting requests for new positions and/or changes to existing positions.
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee questions and requests in a prompt and professional manner
- Maintain up-to-date and organized personnel files within the electronic systems and databases
- Assist in ad-hoc HR projects, like collection of employee feedback
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars; schedule meetings and HR events
- Make photocopies; mail, scan and email documents; and perform other clerical functions
- Manage other duties and projects as assigned by management
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be proficient in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel and Outlook) and skilled in a windows based HRIS.
- Must be extremely organized and have the ability to establish and adhere to priorities
- Self-starter with strong desire to accomplish assignments in an accurate and timely manner
- Must possess the ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality
- Must possess good writing skills and be able to utilize basic analytical skills
- Two years of higher education is preferred. Bachelor's degree in related business field is a benefit.
- Previous HR experience, including familiarity with payroll processes, is a plus.
- Professional Human Resource (PHR) certification is a benefit.
- Experience with the following applications considered a plus :
- Oracle Finance
- DISA Global Solutions
Essential SKILLS / physical requirements / working conditions
- Computer skills required - job entails working with several software applications
- Foster and maintain a professional attitude and teamwork concept among all staff within all areas of the organization
- Good written and verbal communication skills required
- Good reporting methods and data management
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ethics, professionalism and discretion
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work independently
- Overtime may be necessary at times
- This position operates in a professional office environment where you will be required to utilize standard office equipment
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs