Skills: Student / Recent Grad
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Wood has an exciting opportunity for a Civil Engineering Intern for our Transportation Design group in Phoenix, Arizona. The on-call position has a f lexible work schedule to accommodate a student intern. Hours will vary depending on project needs.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Assist in the preparation of quantity take-offs, data analysis, costs estimates, engineering drawings, maps, and other related graphics as required to support civil infrastructure projects, including roadway and traffic engineering, water & wastewater system design and analysis, flood control, hydraulic modeling and design, and site development
Skills / Qualifications
- Current undergraduate (minimum Junior level) or graduate student in good standing working towards a degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field within an accredited program.
- Knowledge of Civil Engineering fundamentals, surveying, drafting, and general civil engineering design and construction practices.
- Experience with Autodesk AutoCAD® and/or Bentley Microstation® highly desirable.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills preferred.
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with staff in a team environment.
- Must pass drug test and background check
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.