Gurugram, Haryana, India
Gurugram, Haryana, India
Skills: Business Analyst, Energy / Commodity Trading, Financial Analyst
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Gurugram, Haryana, India
Job Description - Petroleum Economist
The Petroleum Economic Consultant is responsible for assisting in delivery of safe, efficient, and reliable products and services to our customers. The job consults with operations groups as needed to support the area of expertise and identifies opportunities for continuous improvement of product and service delivery and formally communicates findings.
Schlumberger's consulting services offer comprehensive geoscience knowledge and provide our clients with valuable insight into all aspects of natural resource exploration and development, from basin prospectively to reservoir modeling and economic analysis. Reporting to the Technical Team Lead , the Senior Petroleum Economist is responsible for providing economic evaluation of oil & gas fields and prospects in conjunction with other teams.
The Petroleum Economic Consultant actively participates in promoting new technology and services offerings and supports the PL in risk management and applying lessons learned to improve job design and execution as related to the area of expertise. The incumbent will be part of a proactive team of support staff and will be responsible for delivering high quality customer focused professional services whilst working in accordance with quality, security and health and safety processes.
The responsibilities for the associated job role include:
- Provide technical support in the area of expertise throughout the Sales and Product and Service Delivery process.
- Assist as required with the development of technical job designs for PLs.
- Assist with identifying areas where new and cost effective techniques can be applied.
- Explore opportunities for value-added products and services.
- Consult with Design/Technical Engineer role as required to optimize the technical design.
- Assist in real-time incident response, recovery, and investigation as related to the area of expertise.
- Assist in evaluating technical viability and overall appraisal of tenders as related to the area of expertise.
- Remain current on new technologies.
- Maintain customer visibility through active participation in professional society activities and calls for papers.
- Understand the competition's technical offering.
- Participate in external technical societies and communities.
- Contribute, write and review technical publications.
- Engage with local universities, Customer institutes and research organizations.
The successful Candidate will carry out economic and financial evaluation of investment proposals for petroleum exploration and exploitation, as well as construct economic computer models for economic analysis of petroleum investment opportunities.
Additional duties will include giving training to upstream companies on petroleum economic and financial evaluation and provide expertise in corporate and asset evaluations .
The ideal candidate will be educated to preferably master's level in Economics or engineering with substantial experience of oil and gas economics work in a position of responsibility. Extensive experience of financial and economic modelling of oil and gas explorations and development projects, as well as significant experience of dealing with oil and gas and governments on petroleum licensing terms.