Job Description for Exploration Geologist cum Basin modelerJob title:
Exploration geologist Job location:
Gurgaon, India Relationships:
Reports to the Solutions Technical Lead Job Summary:
The Exploration Geologist is responsible for assisting in delivery of safe, efficient, and reliable products and services to our customers. The job consults with operations groups as needed to support the area of expertise and identifies opportunities for continuous improvement of product and service delivery and formally communicates findings. The Exploration Geologist actively participates in promoting new technology and services offerings and supports the PL in risk management and applying lessons learned to improve job design and execution as related to the area of expertise. They provide real-time support to operations as required. Educational qualifications:
Master's degree in Geology/Geophysics with working experience of 6-15 years as Basin Modeler, with E&P/ Service industry Experience required:
- Conduct regional exploration studies and evaluations of the petroleum system elements (Source, Reservoir, Trap and Seal) by integrating available geological and geophysical data types.
- Prepare and synthesize well data (Porosity, Temperature, Pressure and Thermal maturity) for robust calibration of 1D/2D/3D petroleum system model.
- Good knowledge of source rock geochemistry, Kerogen type, depositional environment and their importance while performing charge and fluid calibration of 2D/3D Petroleum System Models.
- Construct 1D/2D/3D Petroleum System Models to understand the basin evolution and processes such as hydrocarbon generation, expulsion, migration and entrapment.
- Develop gross depositional facies maps, common risk segment maps of all petroleum system elements (source, reservoir seal), and composite common risk segment maps of different plays, to develop new play concepts and exploration opportunities.
- Review play concepts, and play fairway mapping to provide the most accurate analysis leading to prospect assessment of all identified prospects.
- Working experience to perform 1D,2D and 3D petroleum system modelling in PetroMod
- Good understanding of calibration workflows in PetroMod
- Good understanding of and input integration between Petrel and PetroMod
- Working experience of Play and prospect assessment in GeoX
- Working experience of Integrated Play to Prospect assessment workflows in Petrel
- As per SLB standard career progression process
- Customer focused; communicates effectively with stakeholders; promotes good client relations on
a social and professional level
- Strong oral and written communication skills; able to confidently facilitate meetings
- Able to work under pressure
- Practices effective listening techniques
- Strong drive to seek alignment
- Strong Team Player & ready for travelling and client facing
- Leads by example and always acts professionally