Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Tucker, Georgia, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Buyer. Due to the scope of the position the successful candidate will be required to work in our Tucker, GA office or work remotely.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the leadership and management of a deployed supply chain project team providing all aspects of supply chain management including materials management, warehousing, expediting, procurement, subcontracts, negotiation and reporting.
Key aspects of the role include the direction and management of the supply chain activities for a specific project. The administration and supervision of assigned supply chain personnel working within the project. Ensuring the competence and performance of all assigned supply chain personnel within their role.
Clear understanding of the client's head contract requirements including Wood responsibilities and incorporates those into appropriate project supply chain strategies, plans, procedures and terms and conditions. Understand and manage threats to the commercial position of Wood and Client, and develop plans to mitigate commercial risks. Has strong knowledge of commercial terms and conditions, interfaces with Wood legal/commercial experts and can initiate/discuss adaptations in order to reach a robust commercial agreement.
Regularly monitors and reports progress of all project procurement activities. Ensures team regularly update reports/systems with required information to allow accurate reporting, and escalates any critical issues and risks to project management.
Accountable for the successful delivery of all supply chain activities that they are responsible for.
• Responsible for the end to end sourcing process (Strategy through Close Out) for the medium risk procurement/subcontract packages assigned to them.
• Ensures all supply chain activities are carried out in accordance with the project execution plan/schedule and/or contracting strategy, within approved budgets and in line with project processes and procedures.
• Update the project / procurement status report (PSR) in line with project / client required on site dates and current / estimate lead times, notifying any delays to the supply chain lead.
• Attend regular PSR meetings with client, engineering and/or project management personnel to ensure dates for pre-order deliverables within their portfolio are being maintained.
• Provides guidance, direction and support to all relevant stakeholders on both Woods and the suppliers specific contractual obligations and responsibilities.
• Utilisation of Wood Approved Supplier Register (ASR) supplemented when required by project/client approved supplier registers for supplier evaluation, audit, and selection.
• Carry out Supplier performance reviews and ongoing management ensuring corrective actions are taken where required.
• Ensure that all statutory and legal requirements and procedures are complied with and all actions are fully auditable.
• Promote safe working practices and demonstrate safety awareness at all times.
• Understands and lives Woods vision, values and behaviours.
• Understands and works to the Wood Financial Management Framework.
Capture all internal and external in year savings targets as per business plan.
• Assist in the implementation of global/regional/country initiatives as per business plans.
Skills / Qualifications
Educated to ISCED Level 6 (Bachelor Degree or Equivalent) in business studies, law, engineering, supply chain or similar discipline/ CIPS qualified or industry equivalent.
- EPC Project execution experience is required. Experience in managing supply chain on a large project/s
- Understanding of fast paced, multi-discipline sourcing experience, managing multiple RFQ packages in various stages of development
- Understanding of bidder pre-qualifications, RFQ tendering, evaluating, recommendations and award
- Field material management experience is required. This candidate will be expected to manage the home office procurement phase (Greenville), and then transfer to the site in Bay City, TX, where they will be expected to manage remaining home office procurement activities, oversee field procurement and subcontract administration as well as warehousing planning and oversight
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Minimum 12 years' SC experience demonstrating results and progression to a similar management position
- Subcontract Agreements and Framework Agreements
- Industry forms of Subcontract
- Complex Tactical Procurement
- Logistics and Materials Management
- ERP systems
- Client contract requirements
- Supply Chain Principles and techniques
- Leadership, motivation and development of teams and individuals
- Negotiating complex agreements
- Dispute and claim resolution
- Implementation of project supply chain processes and procedures
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Experience in audit and assurance
- Leading complex tender activities through to completion
- Mobilisation of supply chain post contract award
- Excellent communication skills, written, oral and presentation
- Maintains a strong network both within and outside of supply chain department
- Positively maintain relationships with suppliers, clients and other disciplines
- Strategic thinker contributing to the management and improvement of the overall project
- Planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic proactive attitude providing inspiring leadership
- Work as part of project management team
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop teams and individuals in a pressurised environment
- Identify efficiency, process and tool improvement opportunities and successfully drive through change
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.