Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood is currently recruiting for Telecom Engineer to strengthen our Instrumentation team in Chennai.
- To execute engineering Design, FEED and detail Engineering experience and Costing estimation for proposal in Telecom systems
- Responsible for complete engineering document activities like preparing block diagram, functional design specification, datasheets, MR, equipment layouts, interconnection drawings, termination drawings, cabinet drawings
- Take part in Technical bid evaluations, Vendor document review and approvals
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development
- Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution
- Management of third party suppliers in the execution of Engineering delivery
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement
Skills / Qualifications
- A minimum of 8 years experience in IT / Telecom field including Security & Safety, wired & wireless communication in Oil & Gas Projects and extensive knowledge in LAN & WAN, ACS, CCTV, FOC, IDS, PAGA, Hotline systems, F&G and IP telephone etc
- Demonstrable balance of industrial experience at relevant level and position
- Good working knowledge of the design tools and also ability to guide others in their use
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.