San Antonio, Texas, United States
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Skills: Mechanical Engineering, HVAC
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Are you a Mechanical Engineer with HVAC and plumbing experience that would like to join a growing mechanical engineering business with one of the world's largest and highest Engineering News Record rated engineering consulting firms? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
The San Antonio, TX office of Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Mid-Level Mechanical Engineer / PE - HVAC & Facilities candidate with design and analysis experience in infrastructure HVAC and Plumbing system design to support our Infrastructure Branch HVAC/Facilities/Government practice. Primary focus for project work will be to prepare construction drawings, develop specifications and assessing existing equipment for HVAC, plumbing, and energy systems for new and/or retrofit buildings. We currently have a large backlog of projects ranging from $700,000 - $3 MM within the HVAC/Facilities industries along with several DoD projects. This individual will be able to generate their own drawing packages with AutoCAD, is knowledgeable of and has performed modeling and is up to date with codes and industry standards. Friendly, flexible and positive work environment. Our ideal candidate is a professional that seeks challenging work on a wide variety of facility design projects and be part of a growing service line in San Antonio.
- Leads a team to provide technical packages within defined schedule and budget requirements
- A key responsibility is producing facility mechanical engineering HVAC and plumbing designs IAW applicable codes and standards
- Will interact regularly with clients and mentor and manage junior engineers
- Evaluates sustainable equipment/material opportunities for new construction and renovation projects
- Performs field energy audits; Model facilities' energy use to support equipment change out and selection
- Performs facility system assessment field work
- Generates workload plans, design analyses, drawing plans, specifications, cost estimates and estimated construction schedule
- Supports proposals generation
- Significant CADD/GIS work with AutoCAD MEP
- Reviews work of and provides guidance to junior engineers
- Review submissions for adequacy and compliance with contractual documents
- Performs site verification on construction projects
- Typical projects include repair/replacement and new facility system designs for industrial and Department of Defense facilities worldwide, with construction values ranging from hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars
- Will travel to project sites in the US. Approximately 15% overnight travel.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- TX PE (or ability to quickly get TX PE through reciprocity) required
- 8 years + of facility HVAC/plumbing/energy design experience
- Able to generate own drawing packages with AutoCAD
- Knowledgeable of and has performed energy modeling
- Knowledgeable with Codes and industry standards (ex. NFPA, IPC, ASHRAE, etc.)
- Able to write design analyses, specifications, estimate project costs, and estimate construction schedule durations
- While at job sites, may climb ladders to mechanical systems
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites in the US. Approximately 15% overnight travel.
- Must pass drug screen, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Experience with REVIT
- Experience with Trane TRACE or HAP
- Commissioning and/or retro-commissioning experience
- Life cycle costing
- Prefer DoD experience (UFCs, UFGS, SpecsIntact) but not mandatory
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.