Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Skills: Research & Development, Regulatory Compliance
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ: CLMT) is a master limited partnership and a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products in North America. Calumet processes crude oil and other feedstocks into customized lubricating oils, solvents and waxes used in consumer, industrial and automotive products and produces fuel products including gasoline, diesel and jet fuel.
Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. is seeking a Product Support Regulatory Manager to manage the organization's global regulatory programs, policies, and procedures. This position will manage a team of regulatory professionals and will
be located in Indianapolis, Indiana. In this role, qualified candidate will work both in a team and individually to ensure that local regulatory requirements are met in all countries and global jurisdictions that Calumet products are supplied.
Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. has one of the most diverse specialty hydrocarbon capabilities in the world.
- Establishes strategic regulatory goals by gathering pertinent business, financial, service, and operations information.
- Lead a team of regulatory specialists that will conduct the work to maintain product compliance.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Continually research and monitor changing global regulatory requirements and make the necessary adjustments to Calumet's policies and procedures to maintain compliance.
- Primary product regulatory support to both internal and outsourced product SDS authoring and product label generation.
- Develop and maintain, as point of contact, relationships with regulatory agencies and supporting consultants.
- Ensure compliance with chemical inventory and substance / product registration requirements for all global jurisdictions in which Calumet products are distributed. This includes TSCA (US) Europe, Canada, Korea, Japan, China, Taiwan, Australia, Philippines and all other emerging requirements globally and includes both Calumet produced substances as well as those in purchased raw materials.
- Full understanding of EU REACh requirements including substance registrations, monitoring and reporting substance import volumes, CLP labeling and Safety Data Sheet requirements, exposure scenarios / extended Safety Data Sheets and country specific Poison Center notification requirements.
- Using sales reports, monitor product / substance volumes to various global jurisdictions and report required information to the appropriate authorities (i.e. Only Representative in the EU)
- Work directly with customers to provide indirect REACh coverage for Calumet products supplied into the EU.
- Work directly with Calumet suppliers to obtain indirect REACh coverage from purchased material supplied into the EU as part of a mixture.
- Ensure that Calumet products, both consumer and industrial, are packages and labeled in accordance with the local regulations of all import jurisdictions (i.e. OSHA, WHMIS, CLP, etc.).
- Ensure overall regulatory compliance for US agencies such as OSHA (i.e. TSCA, GHS), FDA, CPSC and EPA as necessary for our business. Knowledgeable in specific state and other federal regulations as applicable. (i.e. California Air Regulations, Proposition 65).
- Maintain finished product, raw material, in-process Intermediates, and maintenance chemical Safety Data Sheet documentation database.
- Maintain current certification for DOT, IATA and IMDG.
- Review all products and assign/confirm transportation status as a Regulated or Non-Regulated chemical per DOT, IATA and IMDG. Help maintain correct classifications in Calumet's ERP production environment and on all product Safety Data Sheets. Support Calumet's Transportation and Logistics Departments by providing DOT, IATA and IMDG requirements as requested.
- Maintain and update our CHEMTREC contract as necessary for global shipments of hazardous materials.
- Interface and respond to internal regulatory questions from plant, lab or other technical staff.
- Answer customer inquiries and questions regarding regulatory issues for all Calumet product lines.
- Maintain familiarity with Calumet's full product range.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology, Regulatory Science OR equivalent discipline
- Strong working knowledge of international regulatory requirements, particularly related to Reach/CLP, GHS, global chemical inventories and registration requirements.
- 10-year work experience OR knowledge in global regulations and industry practices: OSHA, EPA, NFPA, EU Reach, K-Reach, CLP, GHS, Global Chemical Inventories, etc.
- 5-year work experience managing a team in a regulatory environment.
- Experience in analysis and reporting
- Strong MS Office and presentation skills
- Ability to comprehend, communicate and enforce Calumet's policies and procedure to the Regulatory staff.
- Ability to address demands from multiple projects and people
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to research changing global regulatory requirements and communicate these changes throughout the organization.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Some travel may be required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with SAP ERP systems
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.