Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Reliability Engineer, Plant Operations Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ: CLMT) is a master limited partnership and a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products in North America. Calumet processes crude oil and other feedstocks into customized lubricating oils, solvents and waxes used in consumer, industrial and automotive products and produces fuel products including gasoline, diesel and jet fuel.
STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES AND KEY DELIVERABLES:
The Reliability Engineer - Fixed Equipment provides the necessary support to accomplish the refinery's objectives in the most safe, economical, and technically feasible manner. This position is responsible for providing engineering services to optimize equipment life and plant profitability.
- Ensure all work is performed safely and in accordance with all Calumet procedures.
- Champion the reliability efforts in assigned areas of responsibility by providing technical assistance in resolving equipment design, operation, and maintenance problems.
- Analyze equipment histories and inspection data and make recommendations for reliability improvement and failure avoidance.
- Coordinate Root Cause Analysis (RCA) processes and track the implementation of recommendations through resolution.
- Utilize reliability tools such as failure calculations, failure evaluations, and cost and risk analysis to evaluate and prioritize reliability issues.
- Participate in audits to measure the effectiveness of reliability related activities such as equipment repairs, part quality, and failure investigation processes.
- Assist Operations, Product Control, and Maintenance Departments in developing procedures, training, and processes to ensure equipment is operated within its design parameters.
- Conduct life cycle cost analysis on new and critical equipment.
- Review equipment specifications and standards and develop recommendations for reliability improvement.
- Recommend and execute projects and/or studies to support overall plant reliability.
- Develop cost justification for reliability improvement.
- Train on new technologies and methods for maintaining equipment to increase reliability.
- Continue to improve the reliability tools and methods utilized in increasing plant reliability.
- Assist in spare parts review for ensuring equipment maintainability and availability.
- Maintain and update assigned fixed equipment standards and participate in their continual improvement
- Other activities as assigned by the Calumet management team.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written, and electronic.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and prioritize tasks with minimal direction or oversight.
- Ability to learn any potential new Engineering processes/systems and equipment quickly.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical field.
- 5-10 years working in a refining, chemical, or heavy industrial environment.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: pressure vessels, piping, heat exchangers, fired process equipment, pressure relief devices, valves and the factors that affect their reliability.
- Experience applying ASME/API/NBIC codes in the design, evaluation, and repair/alteration of fixed equipment.
- Knowledge of root cause analysis and very strong troubleshooting capability.
- Must possess proficient skills in PC Workstation and Windows Office Suite.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with stress analysis software (Caesar II or similar), vessel modeling software (Compress or similar), and asset integrity management software (PSAIM or similar).
- Knowledge and experience applying ASME B31.3, Section VIII Div. 1, and API codes.
- Knowledge and experience in applying the concepts of API 579 fitness-for-service to evaluate fixed equipment.
- Experience in applying ASME PCC-1 and PCC-2 standards.
- Experience developing and maintaining fixed equipment specifications and standards.
- Experience performing pipe stress analysis.
- Refinery corrosion mechanisms and materials experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.