Princeton, Louisiana, United States
Princeton, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Process Engineer, Project Engineer, Plant Operations Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Princeton, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ: CLMT) is a master limited partnership and a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products in North America. Calumet processes crude oil and other feedstocks into customized lubricating oils, solvents and waxes used in consumer, industrial and automotive products and produces fuel products including gasoline, diesel and jet fuel.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Senior Process Engineer is a key site role and is responsible for both operations of a process area and driving process technology improvements for the site. The position will monitor and optimize unit operations throughout the Princeton refinery through, but not limited to the following: daily parameters, KPI's, laboratory results and stream data analysis, computer aided simulation, process control, independent research, improvement projects/programs and good engineering practices. This position is expected to interact daily with plant personnel including managers, supervisors, operators, and others to identify, develop, and manage process improvements.
- Provides engineering support for an operating area consisting of multiple units to achieve operational goals of process safety, HSE compliance, consistent and high product quality, efficiency improvement, unit cost reduction in the production of intermediate and finished products
- Provides experience in process design, process optimization, process modeling, equipment design, chemical system improvements, new product development, debottlenecking, use of alternate raw materials, safety and environmental compliance, improving process control, development and implementation of improvement initiatives or other work related to process improvement
- Interfaces with other plant functions including HSE, Operations, Engineering, Maintenance, Lab, etc.
- Develops KPI metrics/monitoring systems and tools to drive efficiency improvements and identify opportunities for improvement
- Analyzes daily unit operating parameters and lab data for overall plant performance (safety, quality, efficiency, reliability, and throughput)
- Utilizes simulation software for process modeling for evaluation of overall unit and equipment performance
- Monitors utilities required for unit operations performance, measures performance and identifies/implements improvement opportunities to improve utility efficiency
- Develops and generates on stream and utilization reports for processing unit equipment
- Drives resolution of the site PSM program tasks by working with other functions to ensure compliance and implement improvements
- Develops and maintains unit operating Process Safety Information
- Initiates and reviews Management Of Change for unit operations
- Develops and improves unit Operating Procedures, Training materials and Operating Limits
- Maintains Process & Instrument Diagrams, PFD's, Process Schematics, Block Diagrams
- Leads/Participates in Process Hazard Analysis reviews
- Addresses PHA action items requiring process engineering support
- Provides process engineering/technology expertise to the site for all areas including crude distillation, hydrogen generation, hydrotreating, amines unit, sulfur recovery unit, utilities, etc.
- Monitors and optimizes catalyst operating conditions to maximize useful life, rate, cost, and yield performance
- Leads/Participates in HSE incident investigations and customer complaints
- Interacts with maintenance for discussion and input on repair and maintenance procedures
- Provides support during turnarounds and assist in inspection/verification of process equipment
- Develops capital project scopes
- Interfaces with outside contractors as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Petroleum or Chemical Engineering
- 5 or more years of relevant engineering experience with leadership experience
- Familiar with process modeling and simulation software, PRO II
- OSHA PSM, PHA's, PSSR's, MOC, etc.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- 10 or more years of experience in a refinery with process engineering/plant support experience
- Experience with crude oil distillations, hydrogen reformers, hydrotreating, amines recovery, sulfur recovery, etc.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong process technology, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Able to multitask and handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Willingness to spend time in the field
- Works independently as well as part of a team
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.