Lead Financial Controller Do you enjoy working with financial data? Do you love collaborating with teams to solve complex problems and deliver solutions? Join our Finance team
Our Global Finance Controllership Team provides support for the business for technical accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification, and operational excellence to deliver accurate actual financial reporting and analysis. Learn and develop your knowledge and skills
In this role, Operational Finance Controller will partner with Regional Controller, Product Company finance teams, functional leaders for driving accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification, and operational excellence to deliver accurate financial reporting and analysis. Positions requiring thorough understanding and application of approaches, theories, and application in a matrix organizational context.
As Lead Financial Controller, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Managing and conducting US-GAAP financial closing activities (monthly, quarterly, and annual)
- Managing Quality Account reconciliations in Blackline tool for Balance Sheet accounts
- Providing Balance Sheet account analysis.
- Leading Korea-GAAP annual STAT audit and preparation for STAT financial statement
- Supporting annual CIT filing as well as local indirect tax filing (WHT, VAT)
- Handling local tax inquiry from local tax authorities
- Leading controllership related projects and ERP Implementation
- Partnering with shared services GFC teams -
- Overseeing AR invoicing and cash application process
- Overseeing AP invoice positing and payment to vendors.
- Overseeing intercompany AR and AP record and settling process
- Partnering with Product Company finance teams, Treasury team and key operational stakeholders to drive controllership involvement up front in the processes
- Taking lead on Baker Hughes ad hoc finance, simplification & process improvement initiatives, ERP implementations to maximize efficiencies
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required, CA, CPA, MBA Finance is preferred.
- Be at least 5-8 years of experience in a similar position.
- Have experience handling SAP ERP and/or DUZON Accounting system is preferred.
- Have strong oral and written communication skills in both Korean and English.
- Be able to work in a matrix organization, in a fast-paced environment and to react to emerging priorities.
- Be able to demonstrate ability to clearly communicate complex issues across a broad audience.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other. Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.