Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join their Facilities Engineering department in Aberdeen. Approximate start date of end Jan/Early Feb for a duration of one year contract.
- The Senior Electrical Engineer provides first line asset engineering support to the maintenance delivery teams with the aim of ensuring the execution of effective maintenance and repair activities.
- Act as Engineering Authority (EA3) to provide qualified engineering guidance and endorsement of engineering change, maintenance deferrals, ORA's etc. as per the authorisation level contained within the company engineering standards.
- Identifies and provides cost effective engineering solutions to plant operations and maintenance problems. Act as focal point for performance monitoring and troubleshooting of 'Electrical' systems e.g. Electrical Distribution systems, motors, EX Maintenance etc. and identify opportunities to improve efficiency and reliability and reduce operating costs.
- Collaborate closely with the EA'2's and Technical function.
- Ensure Technical competence of Electrical Maintenance delivery personnel, interviewing and testing competency and Formally appointing REPs and SAEP.
- Ensure that discipline specific engineering work (OPEX) remains within budget.
- Ensure delivery of a technically correct and timely engineering work (OPEX) service.
- Provide optimised preventative maintenance programmes for Electrical equipment and implementing industry best practice.
- Engage and participate in any operational improvement process to optimise discipline specific engineering (OPEX) support.
- Provide discipline input to the 28 and 90 day asset planning process.
- Provide discipline guidance and engineering endorsement to proposed changes to PMRs within the SAP CMMS.
- Represent the company as technical representative for asset support contracts.
- Act as liaison with other disciplines, vendor representatives, and manufacturers.
- Ensure vendors are mobilised on time to meet the asset planning schedule and that vendors mobilise fully prepared to execute scopes of work on time and within agreed budget.
- Assist with the resolution of operational problems, including participation in and close-out of accident/incident investigations and root cause analysis.
- Complete assigned actions e.g. ICP, MyHSES etc. by their set due date.
- Provide engineering advice and endorsement of engineering change (MOC), maintenance deferrals, ORA's, etc as per the authorisation levels dictated by company E&P's engineering standards.
- Responsible for equipment performance including spare part management and warranty follow-up.
- Ensure performance standards are accurate and adhered to via the Inspection, Test and Maintenance programme.
- Actively engage with the site execution teams, ensuring participation in corporate behavioural safety and intervention schemes, work to enhance communication and promote understanding of goals.
- Readily accepts personal accountability for assigned activities and tasks and demonstrates behaviours in line with company values at all times.
- Significant experience in client/operator relationships and in the management of contractors.
- Ability to resolve complex problems and drives innovative solutions and pace.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of engineering principles and practical application.
- Proven ability to interact effectively at all levels and encourage a team ethos across core crew and subcontractors.
- It is an expectation of the business that the job holder maintains and continues to develop the competencies necessary to carry out the role to the required standard whilst in position.
- Brings groups of diverse individuals together.
- Challenges, supports and inspires others to achieve their full potential and continuously develops by seeking feedback from colleagues and key stakeholders.
- Conducts all activities in a safe and effective manner and raises safety and environmental issues immediately and in line with corporate policy. Carries out duties in a way that maximises value and minimises waste and risk.
- Engineering degree
- HNC / HND - With extensive Electrical Engineering experience
- Professional accredited Engineer
- The job holder must possess extensive knowledge of Engineering technical practices and legislation (ideally 10 years +).
- Considerable relevant experience of the oil and gas industry predominately gained in an engineering and production operations environment.
- Good working knowledge and application of relevant UK oil and gas industry regulations, in particular Electrical Regulations.
- Familiarity with quality process and application of continuous improvement tools is desirable
- Knowledge of all forms of engineering documentation.
- SAP Experience, particularly SAP PM, although other CMMS will be considered.
- EX Compex Units E01-E04
- HV Systems Operations
- 18th Edition wiring regulation