Cloud Enterprise Architect - EA Job Summary
The E nterprise Architect translates the business strategy within a customer into a target digital systems architecture blueprint by working closely with the customer, SLB GeoUnit and HQ digital/development organizations. Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- The EA regularly meets with the customer stakeholders, IT (including infrastructure, architecture), and cyber-security experts to understand their needs and come up with viable digital solutions
- The EA also consults with Schlumberger business, product owners and program managers (referred to as product team) to pass the enterprise requirements and constraints for efficient DELFI cloud solution development
- The EA advises the customer and Schlumberger teams on technology choices and solution's fit into the landscape:
- Capability alignment
- Technology alignment
- Integration requirements and effort
- Future architecture and transition roadmap design
- Support and maintainability
- The EA promotes a DevSecOps model with cloud native first approach The EA is responsible for advising on the architecture decisions for the customer landscape and driving technical standards, aligned with
- Engineering and Solution teams with a Schlumberger cloud solution first approach.
- The EA guides customers and SLB product development to use sound architectural principles, follow and comply with the enterprise governance standards
- The EA engages in key customers projects early in the solution life cycle, helps define the proof-of-value (POV) engagements, comprehensive cloud solution design, and implementation and the engagement concludes after value realization
- The EA participates in elaboration of API product spec ifications and guides the associated back-end systems architecture working with the chief architect of the business
- The EA provides or enables specialist services for a customer as required in cloud infrastructure, networking, security, openness, data flows and integration, high performance computing and visualization.
- Active coaching and mentoring of customer, GeoUnit and other HQ technical resources pursuing technical recognition in addition to active knowledge sharing with the community.
- Technology watch: strong relationship with main CSPs, DELFI partner ecosystem, technology suppliers for keeping track of technology trends to improve customer and SLB Cloud Architecture designs and provide feedback to Solutions and Engineering teams.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders (internal, external).
- Strong oral and written communication skills; able to confidently facilitate or chair meetings.
- Effective decision making using diverse approaches.
- Autonomous, able to adapt, lead, coach, inspire and motivate.
- Ability to deal with a high-pressure environment and demanding deadlines.
- Ability to drive projects forward from a technical standpoint, challenging existing processes and procedures where necessary.
- Interpersonal communication and customer management skills to maintain positive relations.
- Proficiency in Google and Azure cloud architectures, Kubernetes, containers, cloud technologies, certification preferred
- Experience in infrastructure and security: DNS, DHCP, network standards and LAN/WAN management, including firewall and load balancing.
- Experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure systems , Virtualization technologies, OpenShift, Istio, Anthos
- Exposure to IBM, AWS and other local public cloud architectures would be beneficial as well as for OSDU (Open Subsurface Data Universe)
- Understanding of data management, data flow/integration design and familiarity with ETL tools
- Understanding enterprise reliability systems, including disaster recovery, high availability, capacity planning.
- Advanced skills in enterprise storage management , cloud storage architectures and associated infrastructure technologies.
- Exposure to Continuous Integration, Delivery models including s oftware packaging and automated deployment.
- Good knowledge of Exploration and Production workflows, including Geoscience, Reservoir Engineering, Production and Drilling.
- Project Management skills - preferred.
- Master's degree in software related discipline with min 3 years experience