Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Power Systems Protection Engineer
Petroplan are recruiting for a Power Systems Protection Engineer to join a major operator client of ours based in Saudi Arabia.
The department you will be joining is responsible for providing and managing highly technical and specialized engineering services to support the safe and reliable operation of the Operators electrical power system generation, transmission and distribution networks.
You will provide technical support for the company with regards to designs, standards, commission and investigations in regards to power system protection ensuring a safe and reliable power supply.
Your primary role will be to perform the required full range of power system studies, protection settings, control and protection design drawings at different voltage levels with thorough understanding of distribution, transmission and generation system protection/relaying functions. You will act as subject matter expert providing services to power systems customers to ensure a safe and reliable power supply in the most cost-effective manner.
As the successful candidate you will be required to perform the following:
- Perform Arc Flash studies with complete evaluation for new and existing facilities.
- Perform power system studies such as load flow, short circuit, relay coordination, and motor starting.
- Perform complete coordination studies for different kinds of facilities, industrial, offshore, residential, for new and existing ones, for kinds of voltage level.
- Review protection system designs for all kinds of voltage levels that includes but is not limited to:
- Protection and metering drawings.
- Schematic and logic drawings.
- Instrument transformer sizing.
- Develop protection settings calculations for power system equipment such as generators, long OHL/cables, transformers, motors... etc.
- Lead power system interruption investigations, review power system events, propose engineering solutions and recommendations.
- You must hold a Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering. A Master's degree is preferred.
- You should have a minimum of 8 years' experience in the field of power system engineering.
- You should possess in-depth knowledge of distribution, transmission and generation protection functions e.g. LV, MV, and HV equipment
You should be capable of running:
- Coordination studies using ETAP.
- Arc Flash Studies
- Protection settings calculations on all basic/complex relaying functions e.g. differential, distance, directional... etc.
- Power system studies such load flow, short circuit, and motor starting.
- Knowledge of transient stability and/or PSCAD studies will be an added advantage.
- You should be very familiar with ETAP software and/or similar tools.
- You should have a knowledge of power system automation and their protocols.
- Preferred to have experience in oil and gas industrial system.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.