Senior Operations Geologist to support a variety of eastern hemisphere activities. The Operations Geologist must demonstrate visible leadership in HSSE, effective communication skills including technical and leadership coaching across the Wells and subsurface teams, including rig personnel. The role is part of an existing integrated team of geoscientists and engineers in the Subsurface organization whose core activities include exploration, appraisal and development well planning and delivery, as well as specialist PPFG and Geohazards support. The Operations Geologist must ensure that the execution of wells meets standards and delivers in an integrated, agile manner with multiple disciplines across Functions. The role includes subsurface well execution (operational casing point & TD decisions, data acquisition plans, tracking & analysing subsurface NPT), liaising with project operations geologist SPAs as well as the RCC PPD and drilling engineering personnel to help deliver safe and efficient wells. The role includes the expectation to coach and develop staff.
- University Degree in Geology or related subject, with 15 years of relevant industry experience, most of which should have been gained in a geological operations environment.
- Strong commitment to Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and personal and process safety.
- Essential industry experience in well planning and operations geology, well-site geology, petrophysical log interpretation
- Experience in drilling high pressure wells (HPHT) with narrow PP to FG window
- Detailed understanding of mud logging, LWD/MWD, wireline and coring operations
- Knowledge and ability to use / integrate pore pressure monitoring techniques
- Excellent communication skills, influencing skills, strong team player, open and transparent communicator across diverse multidiscipline teams and partners to create integrated products that add value to the business.
- Proactive work ethic - does things before being asked to or forced to by events.
- Ability to identify problems and assimilate complex data to resolve problems, anticipate future situations, and plans ahead.
- Good project management and organizational skills with attention to detail. Must work calmly under pressure and adapt efficiently to fast-paced operations.
- Skilled in the application of relevant geological software.
- Workstation skills (Petrel)
- Well planning
- Experience in PPFG prediction
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.