Skills: HSE Auditing, Safety Officer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States
Position: Industrial Hygiene Specialist
Job type: Full Time salary
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Petroplan is currently working with a growth oriented refining business in Alabama who need a highly experienced Health & safety Specialist to their operation division to assist with the ongoing production at one of their facilities.
In this position, you will report into the head of HSE and act as a focal point for all Industrial Hyginene operations activities. You will be involved with ensuring that all activities are planned, scheduled and executed to achieve the agreed requirements in a safe and efficient manner. Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Identifying industrial hygiene risks and compliance obligations to include program development, training, equipment needs and sourcing, and schedules compliance tasks. Includes periodic travel to other locations to conduct training and related activities.
- Acting as the Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) and maintains programs to ensure compliance with all associated radiation licensing at HRC facilities.
- A detailed knowledge of applicable industrial hygiene principles, monitoring, sampling, industry standards (NIOSH, ACGIH, OSHA) and best practices. Directionally moving the organization beyond regulatory compliance.
- Possessing a working knowledge of applicable fire protection systems (NFPA), industry standards and best practices.
- Possessing a working knowledge of applicable general industry safety regulations (OSHA), industry standards and best practices.
- Having a working knowledge of all Risk Management/Loss Control regulations, industry standards and best practices.
Preffered candidate will have at least 10 years of experience, including 6 years' working in a Petrochemical or refinery setting. A Bachelor's degree from a four year college preferred but not essential. A CIH certification is desired.
Suitable candidates will be a driven, autonomous, self-motivated safety professional who is passionate and hungry to succeed.
At this point the client are unable to sponsor VISAs.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.