Skills: Business Development
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The GBDM is responsible for all revenue generating processes within IMDS Energy Intelligence. The GBDM is responsible for the performance, strategy, and alignment of the organization's revenue operations and accountable for the performance of all revenue functions within the organization, this includes leading the sales and BD functions in planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating sales.
- Drive scale, and profitability, by appropriately professionalizing the Company's go-to-market strategy, sales function, and account management.
- Coach team to improved performance, shortening deal cycles, and improving forecasting accuracy. Drive improvement in higher closure rates, increased average deal value, and account growth.
- Ensure product knowledge, and sales and success delivery philosophy/strategy are established and understood by sales and customer success organizations through focused team development and training programs.
- Identify team processes and skill deficiencies for ongoing training development to drive increased performance and success of reps and customer success managers.
- Work with marketing team to create and execute winning marketing strategies to drive profitable growth.
- Provide sales leadership to develop and implement revenue driving strategies, which create long-term customer and business value.
- Effectively resolve issues across the marketing/sales, customer success, and technology functions - must be comfortable with conflict, addressing issues, and solving problems in a practical and healthy manner
- Using our CRM, develop and implement scalable processes, to enable land & expand processes that are metrics driven, providing actionable and accurate information for building, managing, and executing a balanced pipeline that supports achievement of acquisition, expansion and renewal targets.
- Understand customers' needs and feedback to Technology and Product Management teams
- Provide strategic, day-to-day and tactical business and product developmental support and leadership, including relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Gather and report out market data on the business unit. This includes establishing total available market size and Oceaneering market share for the business unit. Develop and review market share data with BU head and develop strategic plans to increase market share.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of the competition. This includes competitors market share of the region and globally, equipment volume and capabilities in the region and any strategic alliances for competiton.
- Formulate a pricing strategy based on the customer's expectations, competitive situation, potential differentiators, and other factors. Communicate the pricing strategy to the proposal team, and justify it to the executive management that must approve the proposal.
- Consistently demonstrate a passion for the Company's core values
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or Technical arena, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum ten (10) plus years of effective sales experience in the oilfield industry
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management systems, Spreadsheet software, Word Processing software and Presentation software.
- Experience in Business Development analytics and commercial strategies.
- Technically savvy and consistently up to date on the products and services OII offers.
- MBA from an accredited college or university or equivilent relavant experience.
- Leaership experience managing sales team.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.