Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Civil Designer for our Mining & Minerals office in Bryanston.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- Produce civil drawings in accordance with accepted Engineering practice and company drafting procedures.
- To work in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to the company Health, Safety and Environmental HSE policies, manuals and procedures. At all times considering the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community and the environment.
- Production of drawings on time and within budget.
- Process vendor data within agreed timeframes.
- Clarity and accuracy of drawings.
- Knowledge and adherence to CAD Procedures.
- Knowledge of and adherence to applicable standards and the company Drafting Procedures.
- Completion of error free drawings to sound engineering practices.
- Accurate completion and timely submission of timesheets.
- To actively pursue excellent Health, Safety and Environmental performance standards and to encourage all staff to achieve or out perform the indicated HSE KPI's of the company
- Detailed design and production of civil drawings encompassing all aspects of a plant construction package in accordance with relevant standards and project requirements.
- Timely completion of drawings to schedules.
- Adherence to project man-hour budgets.
- Adherence to company Standards and Procedures.
- Assist with training of junior draughtspersons.
Skills / Qualifications
- Sound engineering background.
- Diploma in Engineering.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Minimum of 10 years design draughting experience, of which 5 years are in the mining and minerals processing area.
- Familiar with relevant 2D & 3D CAD software, company Drafting Procedures.
- Broad knowledge of construction and operations.
- Good understanding of technology.
- Experience with Process Plant design and layout.
- Understanding of other discipline requirements.
- Checking skills with ability to work unsupervised, focus on task completion.
- An open mind to new ideas / concepts
- Team player. and networking
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.