Skills: Electrical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Mount Crosby, Queensland, Australia
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has a collaborative maintenance contract with Seqwater to deliver leading maintenance services in the water industry. These projects cover South East Queensland across multiple locations, assisting Seqwater to provide water for more than 3 million people.
Based at the Mount Crosby Water Treatment Plant, you will be responsible for the following:
- Provide electrical services for the Seqwater Minor Capital Works Team to deliver Minor Capital projects and campaign Opex Projects.
- Provide supervision of trade resources, technical advice and support to the Minor Works Senior Trade, contractors and staff within the District.
- Participate in the effective planning, scheduling, coordination, and execution of the Minor Works Program, completing works as required, and ensuring all service objectives are met within the required time frames.
- Undertake the responsibilities and accountabilities for Workplace Health & Safety in accordance with the Seqwater Workplace Health, Safety & Rehabilitation Management System.
At this time, we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
Skills / Qualifications
- Support the Minor Works team in the safe and efficient planning, scheduling, coordination and execution of the Minor Works Projects and Campaign Opex Works
- Identify the resource requirements necessary to perform the assigned Minor works Projects (e.g. materials, equipment, subcontractors), source these resources required as necessary in consultation with the Minor works Senior Trade, and in accordance with established procurement guidelines and delegated authority levels.
- Contribute to the ongoing efficiency and effectiveness of the Seqwater asset management system by developing a detailed understanding of the scope, function and nature of the assets used in water treatment, supply system and bulk water storage.
- Understand and work to the relevant Permit System including Confined Space Entry Permitting.
- Ensure all Seqwater Critical Controls are followed and SWMS (Safe Work Method Statements) are developed, reviewed and understood and all associated paperwork is satisfactorily completed to permit requirements.
- Undertake operational work requirements on the Water Treatment and Supply System as required.
- Ensure all Minor Works work scope data requirements are comprehensively and accurately recorded in the work orders including photos for handover to the Asset Systems and Information Governance Team to facilitate efficient and complete upload to CIS / GIS.
- Observe and comply with all Seqwater work health and safety, quality and environmental management systems and procedures.
- Undertake other duties, which are assigned from time to time by the Minor Works Senior Trade
- In all duties, comply with the behavioural expectations set out in The way we work (Seqwater's Code of Conduct), and our policies and procedures.
- If you're an experienced Electrical Tradesperson, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
- Trade qualification as an Electrician or equivalent trade suitable to undertake works under the TO stream
- Dual Trade qualification in instrumentation highly regarded
- Current "C" class Queensland Drivers Licence.
- Special class licence an advantage
- Alignment with Seqwater's Values
Applications close Friday 4th February.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood recognise the importance of an inclusive and culturally diverse workforce. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, Women and members of the LGBTIQ community to achieve a truly representative workplace.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.